My accountability: Crimsongrey

Options
1235»

Replies

• Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Did you enjoy it? I love yoga but have never tried “hot”. I get warm enuf in a regular class
  • crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've been doing south beach (low carb) for about 6 weeks and even though I feel better in some aspects (mentally), I was feeling pretty run down and my muscles were sore and tired with no additional work. I took a break from the diet for a few days and my muscles feel much better. Today I am starting to add some healthy carbs back in for muscle recovery. At this point, I'd like to lose about 25lbs before my first horse show on April 20th. That's a goal of 1.5lb/week. The weather is looking better so I'll be able to get back to riding and I'd like to add a run or 2 in each week in addition to the spin and yoga. I've got a new pair of cute breeches to wear to the show as motivation :)
  • Shron123
    Options
    Muscle soreness from low carb is often an elyte issues eg sodium, Potassium, magnesium. I do a mini elyte drink every morning which also helps w any fatigue or brain fogs esp if u r transitioning into ketosis. On long rides I take lots of water and elyte tablets to make sure I don’t get muscle cramps.

Good luck w yr plans/goals and yr new breeches.
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Shron123 wrote: »
    Muscle soreness from low carb is often an elyte issues eg sodium, Potassium, magnesium. I do a mini elyte drink every morning which also helps w any fatigue or brain fogs esp if u r transitioning into ketosis. On long rides I take lots of water and elyte tablets to make sure I don’t get muscle cramps.

Good luck w yr plans/goals and yr new breeches.

Good to know! I will pay more attention to this for sure. Thanks!
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Started a new workout at the gym. I don't know what you call it, but it's a group training session 2x/week with all types of exercises. Definitely feeling it today! That will be on Monday and Wednesday. My spin instructor added another class so I'll do that T, Th, F and will also do my gentle yoga on Wednesdays. With 5 workouts a week, I plan to just track my calories, keep my protein up and keep carbs healthy.
    I'm hoping that this "system" will work. I'm having a really hard time losing any weight. I'm not necessarily looking at the number on the scale, but the way my clothes fit and the way I look in the mirror. I do well for awhile and then lose motivation and stop tracking my food and end up eating too much. I wish it wasn't so hard! And it keeps getting harder as I get older! I know a huge part of the issue is the winter weather. I have hardly ridden at all, which is super depressing :( Bring on spring!
  • Shron123
    Options
    I agree. Bring on spring. Hard to fight the hibernating mode this time of year. Personally I do find lower carbs helps a lot along w vit D. Getting out everyday as you pretty much are also shld help. I am in limbo til the doc gives me the go ahead so pretty bored and lazy right now. Good luck with your program. 8 weeks til April 1st!!!!!
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    @Shron123 the lower carbs definitely makes me feel better, but I decided I needed to add some in as I add more strenuous workouts. I also looked into the electrolytes like you suggested so will keep an eye on those. Hope you're recovering well :smiley:
  • Shron123
    Options
    Wed I see surgeon and will hopefully get a date I can start back.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    How did the appointment with the surgeon go? @Shron123
  • Shron123
    Options
    Thanks for asking. Back to everything this week - yoga and workouts and chores - but he asked me to wait another week or two before riding. Will see how I do w everything else this week and then decide when to ride. But definitely back in the saddle by March 5
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    yay! That's great news :)