Music Devices For Lap Swimmers

Options
1houndgal
1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
I swim at my YMCA for at least a minimum hour session each time. Does anyone here have personal recommendations for swimming/waterproof music listening devices? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I love my iPod, although I have heard really good things about bone conduction systems.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have an ipod. But a) i struggle with a good ear plug fit b) i cant read the buttons with my glasses off... hey ho!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    I currently use a water proof IPod. It is two years old and holding up fine. Generality the ear boobs go out at about 90 days. I have had two bone go during system by Finis, first lasted 18 months,secound died in 90 days. Bothe systems cost about $150, my vote is for IPod. Most ear boobs come with different size rubbers. You have to experiment, I you two different sizes, one is larger.
  • ceolyn
    ceolyn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I recently got a waterproofed iPod shuffle with waterproof headphones and have been really loving it. I got mine from Underwater Audio on Amazon.

One thing I've found that helps with getting the ear pieces to stay in place is using a little bit of vaseline or aquafor to seat the earbuds. It isn't fool proof, but it helps.

I've had my iPod for about a month now and am quite pleased with it. It's a little on the spendy side, but if you want tunes while you swim, worth it.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I had a Neptune Finis (bone conduction) which I love. Now looking to replace it with the newer version from Finis. Forget the name of the thing! No problems with ear buds falling out, etc
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    @AquaticQuests you're back!!!!! :smile: :smiley:
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    @AquaticQuests you're back!!!!! :smile: :smiley:

How are you? Have you been swimming? We missed you! :wink:
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Just got an email from WaterFi for their new Swimcast - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/waterfi/waterfi-swimcast-streaming-music-player-for-swimmi/ - and being a gadget geek I had to get it. I already have their ipod shuffle, but always have trouble getting it to play podcasts. Now I can stream podcasts in the pool! Well, in September, I'll be able to stream podcasts. Will still keep the shuffle for open water swim.