Sleeved 2/2/18

Options
So, I’m 9 days post op. I’ve lost 20# (30 including pre op).
I’m looking for female support partners. Friend me.

Replies

• ladybug2659
    ladybug2659 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congrats on on your rent surgery. I am one month post-op tomorrow. Would like to know how you are doing!
  • ladybug2659
    Options
    Today is my 1 month surgiversary! You will do fine! Congrats. The first 2 days are not fun but just keep ahead of your pain and walk as soon and as long as you can. You will heal faster and get rid of the gas because that is really uncomfortable. Be good to yourself and make sure you have your clear liquids ready and easy to prepare. Sugar free jello, crystal light, broths... WATER and just sip sip sip. I like this app to track and share my progress. Also download the Protein Rich Food App and the Water Drink App (both free). You may find these helpful. Congrats on your journey! I am down 21 lbs since surgery but have lost inches (that's 2 pant sizes since Christmas). Please take the best Bariatric vitamins you can afford and the liquid B-12 along with dissolving Calcium tablets (Amazon). Keep us posted!
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am having my surgery on Monday the 19th. Glad to find a current group that has active members.
  • JoAnn132010
    JoAnn132010 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have my surgery scheduled for April 18th. I am really nervous and seeing you guys who are going through it a couple months ahead of me are really inspirational and I would love a support group for this.
  • apdwife26
    apdwife26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had the sleeve done on Halloween 2017 so I'm just about 4months post op. So far down about 64 lbs since the start of the 'pre-op' diet (which I lost 9lbs). Glad I did it!
  • ladybug2659
    edited February 2018
    Options
    lecia125 and melissious I hope you are doing well — Just sending healing vibes your way!
  • hpetre1988
    hpetre1988 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Super excited to find this board! I am in the pre-op phase for gastric sleeve right now. This is the 2nd time I have decided to do it but was unable to last time due to work. Soooo....here we go again! I am nervous and excited. I have lost 120 lbs before but it all came back! I wish you all the best of luck and thank you for being so motivational!
  • TarAcadienne
    TarAcadienne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Had the sleeve in January of 2014. Wasn't a success... had lots of healing and forgiveness to do!! Taking it one day at a time. Looking for people for support and sharing. Have a nice day!!!
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladybug2659, I am one month post-op today and have been doing very well. I am down 42# since I started this in November but 26 of those since surgery. I am managing well but still need to work on getting my 64 oz of water in and slowing down when I eat. I have my one month check up tomorrow so I guess I will find out if I am doing as well as I think I am, lol. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • clp585
    clp585 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats Ladies! I am 3 years out since my VSG. Best decision I ever made, truly. Best of luck to you all!
  • LGLAustin
    LGLAustin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello. I had my surgery on March 19, 2018. 8 days out and feeling much better. My first checkup with Dr. is next week.
  • ladybug2659
    Options
    LGLAustin welcome to the community. Sharing is caring and many people peruse these posts. There is much not so good info out there on how to eat after surgery. I hope people will share “best practices” because it benefits all of us who are on this journey.
  • ehmadore
    ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I hope you all don't mind but I friended you. I'm in the process of getting WLS with a goal surgery date of August :)
  • LGLAustin
    LGLAustin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard ehmadore. I'm trying to keep a daily blog on my page. I accepted your "friend" request. You can send me DM or ask questions any time. Good Luck!
  • weight_in_vain
    weight_in_vain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Had my sleeve done last June and have lost about 160 pounds. Best decision of my life! Always looking for advice and willing to give. Just add me!
  • hrsnjs
    hrsnjs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Working on getting my surgery before July 1. It has been a long rough journey with my insurance requiring a 12 month medically supervised diet and 10% weight loss to be approved. And have to keep it off til the day of. They weigh you before checking you in and if you've gained again they cancel...because the insurance won't pay for it! Jumping through the bureaucratic hoops will be worth it in the end. 9 more pounds to lose to meet my 10%, then they can submit for pre-approval! I'm excited and nervous.