16 days in and bombed

Options
I did great for 16 days. Skipped all the work potlucks. Then bam today I lost my *kitten*. Ate everything in sight at the potluck. How many days will it take to get me back into Ketosis?

Replies

• NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Won't take too long. Keep carbs under 15 grams...under 10 is even better for a couple of days. Drink lots of water, make sure you get your electrolytes in. Avoid any artificial sweeteners for a couple of days too. Up your fat intake. You lost your "kitten" because you were probably hungry. Make sure you eat enough so you are satisfied.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Look up candida die off, too... That is part of the bacterial cycle of sugar addiction for many folks...

You can be back in ketosis within a few hours, depending on your food choices moving forward... Just jump right back in. No need for anything special. Just get right back to your plan. The body, thankfully, is really resilient.
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Lost my *kitten* at Christmas. Allowed myself a few treats and it turned into a slippery slope. Felt extremely yucky later. I did pretty much as @jazzb9363 said above. Pretty much ignored my calories, went extremely LC and high fat incl lots of Mct oil in my coffees. Back in ketosis in about 5 days and felt 100% better about a week in. The first few days suck but it is worth it.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person really how fast you'll get back to ketosis. I think the important thing is to focus on one thing at a time. After something like that (if unplanned), just focus on eating keto style again. Let it go. It happens. Also, you may want to plan for future diet breaks. That's what I call them anyway (vacation, Christmas week, etc.). This may help you focus toward a goal/reward, or however, you want to claim it.