Surgery twins 2/22

asp415
asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
My day has finally arrived. RnY will be done on 2/22. Any surgery twins?

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hope your surgery goes well.
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    No, but I share your surgery day! My one year VSG surgiversary is 2/22. I’m so glad I did it and hope you will be too! I’ve been at goal since November 9th.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    asp415, how was your surgery and how are you doing?
  • kelleyblas
    kelleyblas Posts: 8 Member
    Hi asp415, I had surgery 2/20 .. pretty close :)
  • FeldBecky
    FeldBecky Posts: 1 Member
    Had VSG 2/23
  • asp415
    Update: sorry everyone for leaving you all hanging. So 6hrs before surgery I passed out & was hospitalized needing a transfusion due to a GI hemorrhage. Surgery was cancelled. After many tests & finally getting cleared by the GI Dr my surgeon rescheduled me BUT only for VSG due to the GI issue.

I had VSG on Monday 5/7. I’m doing great! No real pain, no more nausea. Just struggling to get in my water & protein
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Asp415, Oh wow, sorry you had a complication but I believe it was better to discover it prior to surgery rather than in the middle of surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery and welcome to the sleeved life!
  • asp415
    loveshoe wrote: »
    Asp415, Oh wow, sorry you had a complication but I believe it was better to discover it prior to surgery rather than in the middle of surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery and welcome to the sleeved life!

Thank you. I knew something was wrong but I didn’t want surgery to get cancelled so I didn’t tell anyone. I was still aiming for RnY but finally decided to just listen to what my surgeon was saying. I can’t wait to see how things progress w/the sleeved life
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    @asp415 glad that you are doing well, and that’s definitely scary what you went through before surgery!