Having a hungry day!

Options
physio52
physio52 Posts: 28 Member
Today I feel, as my dear Mamma would have said, that I could eat a horse and come back for the saddle. I have been very controlled for the past 10 months, lost weight and got bloods back from to normal ranges.
So...... I've decided to give in and go a bit over my usual 30 grams but with veggies and a good portion of celeriac.
Back on track tomorrow though.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I had one of those yesterday...and I had a huge salad to compensate...like 4 cups of lettuce and some ham, turkey, and cottage cheese...but just huge amount of lettuce to take up space...it seemed to help...today is more back to normal...
  • Phoenix_Dawn
    Phoenix_Dawn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    physio52 wrote: »
    Today I feel, as my dear Mamma would have said, that I could eat a horse and come back for the saddle. I have been very controlled for the past 10 months, lost weight and got bloods back from to normal ranges.
    So...... I've decided to give in and go a bit over my usual 30 grams but with veggies and a good portion of celeriac.
    Back on track tomorrow though.

Ha! That saying struck me as super funny! I have to use that!
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I say if you are hungry then eat! I have days like this. It's normal :-)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Could write a book on hunger regarding my maintenance years-2 of which have been LCHF.

LCHF makes the hungry times less frequent. When I'm hungry, I eat with a little restraint/common sense and fingers crossed that I won't be so hungry later or the next day. It's worked out. I also sometimes employ @tcunbeliever's method of opting for a "high volume" of higher carb but low calorie foods. That has also effective with no set backs.

I sometimes have no idea why random hunger occurs (since I'm eating maintenance calories versus a deficit) but I no longer worry about it since it is no longer chronic like it was pre LCHF.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I have these hungry days, too. I am easing into maintenance with the hopes of losing just a couple more pounds over a much longer period of time. If I don't, not worried about it. The hungry days just seem to pop up. I can't correlate them to anything really. Not even necessarily with playing racquetball or extra exercise and not emotions, either. Don't have a cycle anymore, so can't say it's PMS either. As I got closer to goal, I noticed more days like this. If you read about hunger hormones, it sort of makes logical sense that our bodies may revolt just a little from the deficit, but it just seems so random to me, that I'm not sure it has anything to do with hunger hormones at all.