Is this group still active?

Options
Zuzurillo
Zuzurillo Posts: 80 Member
Hello-
Relatively new to MFP. Any other "Fun Old Broads" out there on a weight loss journey? LOL smiley: On doctor's recommendation I started a ketogenic diet about 2 weeks ago. I'm showing markers of insulin resistance as well as starting menopausal symptoms starting. So fun! I'm 55 and I've got 25lbs to loose.

Replies

• lajpeck
    lajpeck Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and have lost 167lbs. Stalled in my weight loss and a week ago started on a keto diet. I want to loose between 20 and 30 lbs and the first week on keto have lost 4lbs. Looking for support too. Feel free to friend me if you would like too.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Still here, but haven't been hear often. Not in a good place with my eating.
  • mrsbmw2
    mrsbmw2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 5'10" and need to lose 45-50 lbs. anyone else notice that it is much harder to drop weight after 50?!?!
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Actually, I had no trouble losing weight, it's just that now I'm eating too much and not getting enough exercise.
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Zuzurillo wrote: »
    Hello-
    Relatively new to MFP. Any other "Fun Old Broads" out there on a weight loss journey? LOL smiley: On doctor's recommendation I started a ketogenic diet about 2 weeks ago. I'm showing markers of insulin resistance as well as starting menopausal symptoms starting. So fun! I'm 55 and I've got 25lbs to loose.

hi
    im on a low glyvemic..modified bright lines...program.
    i am prediabetic and need to lose about the same. in my 60s.
    i love the program structure and scientific basis.

best to you. we can do tnis.

Michaela
  • my3kidsjrc
    my3kidsjrc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING! I am new to the group and looking for anyone with suggestions of how to lose my "muffin top" that has suddenly appeared. One night...while I was sleeping ....cellulite SUDDENLY appeared on my tummy, thighs and tushy. I just turned 55 in April. Have I not been paying attention to these changes...or is this a case of the "body snatchers" ???? I live in Dallas and the summers here are BRUTAL! I refuse to wear a pair of shorts anywhere...NOT EVEN TO CUT THE YARD! I am hoping there are others to chat with who have some suggestions for this old "Glammy". I started walking 40-60 minutes every morning in hopes that this will help. It has only been a week, so the only thing to report at this point is....OMG my legs are sore! LOL! No pain no gain I say! I am 5'4 118 pounds. My husband and I love to cook together. We do not cook reach fattening foods. We eat a lot of fish and chicken and always have a vegetable of some sort or salad with our protein. We rarely eat out (once every couple of months if that). I NEVER eat fast food. I eat between 1200 - 1300 calories a day. I rarely eat cookies or sweets. I drink water....not soda's. How could this happen? Any suggestions out there or similar stories to share?

Have a great day!
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Hi. I know the feeling of not wanting to wear shorts. Either my legs are too fat or they are too flabby. This is what I'm stuck with at this point in my life.
  • grannysmith54
    grannysmith54 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 almost 64, I wear shorts I have fat fat thighs and huge knees, I wear what is comfortable to me. if people don't like my looks (which they probably didn't ) they csn turn there heads. I even wear all those Lularoe leggings prints. Life is to short to try to please everyone, please yourself
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I'm 63 almost 64, I wear shorts I have fat fat thighs and huge knees, I wear what is comfortable to me. if people don't like my looks (which they probably didn't ) they csn turn there heads. I even wear all those Lularoe leggings prints. Life is to short to try to please everyone, please yourself

Good for you. I'm still trying to get to the place where I can feel that way, but I'm a lot better at it than I used to be.
  • MauiCinnamon
    MauiCinnamon Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    my3kidsjrc wrote: »
    One night...while I was sleeping ....cellulite SUDDENLY appeared on my tummy, thighs and tushy. I just turned 55 in April. How could this happen? Any suggestions out there or similar stories to share?

The collagen structure that kept fat at bay is not as strong as we age, so the fat starts to peeks out and causes the cottage cheese look. I'm getting some on my stomach, it's a little reminder how much we can control I guess. You sound like you're doing a great job really.
  • lhurst110717
    lhurst110717 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello from Northern Kentucky… I just started my Journey AGAIN 11/07/2017. Feel free to add me as a friend. The more friends the better!!!
    My fitness pal : Lhurst110717
  • jsball319
    jsball319 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello...new to this board. 51 years old and need to lose 50 pounds! Looking for support and motivation! Thanks!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep, wish more people would come in here/
  • christinesimone
    christinesimone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm here! Back after a long absence! When I first joined, my girls were in their single digits of age.......Now they're both teenagers! I'm finding it harder to lose weight, but I think this is more due to my food choices in times of stress or hormonal heaven (i.e.. puberty AND menopause running concurrently!), so I'm here to be more accountable!
  • Gymraven
    Gymraven Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, first time trying a board to share experience and hopefully help with staying accountable. Not only am I over 50 I now have to eat more of an anti-inflammation diet and going through menopause. No dairy and gluten-free at minimum. I have about 75 lbs to lose that I've put on from a steady weight gain that started in my 40s. Basically, eating the same and not exercising like I did before. So its not only changing diet with new restrictions its mentally getting back into fitness and finding what is "fun" so I can stick with it. Happy February!
  • MelodyBronson
    MelodyBronson Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....trying to get myself back on track.....I like that I can communicate to other women over 50...we know about the struggles of losing weight at our age and the aches & pains we have!! I need motivation and support....Please "friend me" if you need a support partner.....I know I need support friends!
  • MelodyBronson
    MelodyBronson Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Gymraven.....I know where you are coming from! I have steadily put on weight since my forties....I have bad eating habits that I need to change!
  • Deaune63
    Deaune63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO!!!! Anyone still out there??? It is Friday, March 13, 2020, and it seems like most of the community groups have become defunct. I am starting my "get healthier" program for the umteenth time and need a lot of motivation and support. My goal weight should be about 60+ pounds from where I am now. Happy to share more if I hear from people about this group.

**Please let me know if any of you are still actively losing weight to become more healthy.
  • Janeam123
    Janeam123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the same place as you! Also not seeing much activity in the community.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen much activity in this one since I found it a few years back. But there are a few good groups that I like to use for motivation.

One is found under Motivation and Support and is called Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY. I've belonged to this one since 2015. Each year we start a new one. It's a great place to give yourself goals just for today and try to stick to them for that one day.

Another one I like under Motivation and Support is called WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020. Every month there is a new thread because this group is so active. I cannot keep up with this one but love the ladies and support in this group. It's like a group of friends who get together for coffee every morning.

Hope this helps! :smile: