How much cheese

Options
72happy
72happy Posts: 14 Member
Just wondering how much cheese you all eat though out the day. Myself i probably eat to much of it. I will havr cheese with scramble eggs in the morning then nibble on 4 cubes as s snack though out the day. Might have scramble egges twice in a day with cheese. In the evening for a meal it might be chilly with chesse.ect . So am i eating to much cheese on this diet or is it normal.

Replies

• catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I also eat too much cheese. 1-2 ounce is a nice easy low-carb snack. count as 1 carb per ounce and make sure that fits in your guidelines.

I tried fathead pizza today for lunch for the first time and it was very yummy. The crust is made with cheese and almond flour, then topped with more cheese. :p

Although I'm not worried about the high fat or calories on LCHF diet, most low carb dietary guidelines recommend limit consumption of cheese to only a couple ounces per day because you should focus your few allowable carbs to get some low-starch veggies.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Some days I have almost none, other days I think it's like 50% of my calories...as long as your body doesn't have issues with dairy, it should be fine.
  • 72happy
    72happy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for your advice.
  • mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Atkins said 4 oz daily I think and if I am not careful with my intake I stop losing so I try to have it in 1 meal a day.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Dr. Eric Westman of Duke's Obesity Clinic indicates up to 4 ounces of cheese per day. I don't eat much cheese by itself and use it more of an occasional condiment but I'm certain I eat more than 4 ounces of dairy products most days. I find a cup of Greek yogurt or cottage cheese more satisfying than 2 slices of cheese for 200 calories.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Cheese is expensive calorie-wise so I don’t eat very much of it. maybe 20 g a day, but some days none at all.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I like the mozzarella cheese sticks as a snack. They are 80 calories each with 6 fat grams and 7 protein grams.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat all the cheese everyday! Lol I love cheese and have it as a snack and grated mozzarella in my lunch salad.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    I can really overdo it on the cheese too. If its a standalone snack, then I'm fine; but if we're talking keto casseroles or pizza then my calorie goals are toast.