Day 3: lost 2.5 lb on Keto!

Options
I feel excited about my progress. However, the 20 gram carb limit only allows me to eat about 800-900 calories a day. It is normal? I plan to add exercise 3 times a week into my routine. I wonder if I am eating enough to sustain my physical activities. I am super new at this. I have another 20-30 lbs to lose but definitely want Keto to be a long term life style. Any thought?!

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Most sedentary people can eat up to 50g of carbs and still stay in ketosis...also, on physically active days you can definitely eat more carbs and stay in ketosis. 800-900 calories is not sustainable long-term, but if you are feeling ok it won't hurt you short-term.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Eat more meat. Calories without carbs...
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I had 4 carbs today and skipped lunch, yet managed to eat 1115 calories. I wish I could eat more, but I'm so full right now! Eat more fat & protein, especially if you plan on exercising!
  • 0426Jamie
    0426Jamie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am also at 20 carbs a day, and am aiming for like 1300 calories a day. You have to change the way you eat when you are on Keto. Gotta find the healthy carbs to fit your macros. Good luck!
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I eat up to 20 carbs a day (net carbs as I don't count my veggies as such) and still get up to my average of 1350 to 1400 calories a day. It's all about finding creative ways to get those fats in. I also do intermittent fasting with just a bulletproof coffee in the morning at 224 calories, make sure in my window I eat at least 1000 calories with good fats, salad/leafy greens, good protein and if I need just a bit more I have a "sweet" fat bomb at night to finish off.

If you like friend me because my diary is open to my friends if you think it will help you.

Good luck!
  • gal4u2nv
    gal4u2nv Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try get more fats and proteins in, your daily calorie intake seems a little bit low in my opinion......
    I keep my daily carbs 18g and under, and eat fats and proteins to balance out my macros accordingly, i generally consume around 1300-1400 kcals.
    It’s important to get macro percentages balanced, as opposed to just keeping carbs below a certain criteria. Try bulletproof coffee, it helps bump up fat intake and eat more meat for protein. U will get the hang of it, once u are fat adapted, weight will drop off and u will become leaner :)
  • Jacqgh777
    Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Check out Dr. Berg on YouTube. He also has a website. Taught me a lot. My brother lost 6.5 lbs in 6 days following his principles. Some carbs you shouldn’t count - like fibrous carbs such as salad greens etc.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need to eat more for long term sustainability. Be sure you are getting enough protein (there are calculators online to figure out how much is right for you).

I'm 34 female, lightly active. I eat 1380 cals/day, which works out to 20g carbs, 100g protein, and 100g fat. I find it to be a great balance, I feel satisfied with my meals, and I've lost 80lbs in 8 months.