Options
Jacqgh777
Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
Do you like it? Any after taste?

Replies

• __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I do like it a lot. It's quite sweet, with no aftertaste. Unfortunately I find it causes me to stall. I can have all the stevia I want all day long and be fine - but add even a little xylitol to my coffee or treats and the scale won't budge for me.

Also if you have pets, be aware that xylitol is highly poisonous to dogs.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I do like it a lot. It's quite sweet, with no aftertaste. Unfortunately I find it causes me to stall. I can have all the stevia I want all day long and be fine - but add even a little xylitol to my coffee or treats and the scale won't budge for me.

Also if you have pets, be aware that xylitol is highly poisonous to dogs.

Yes, this. I enjoyed the taste but I felt like it contributed to my lesser weight loss in February. I'm now using monkfruit and I also bought Pyure. So far I've only tried the monkfruit in my coffee. Funky smell but tastes fine as far as I can tell. I won't be using xylitol again.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Check out the keto connect video on artificial sweeteners. I believe xylitol raised glucose significantly. YMMV, but it’s a cool vid.

https://youtu.be/CYfqvTZWilw
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    nill4me wrote: »
    Check out the keto connect video on artificial sweeteners. I believe xylitol raised glucose significantly. YMMV, but it’s a cool vid.

https://youtu.be/CYfqvTZWilw
    @nill4me Thank you!!! I Watch 3/4 of the video before and forgot to go back to it. Xylitol does raise your blood sugar half as much as regular sugar. That’s crazy. They did say that any artificial sweetener will not knock you out of ketosis but they did this video to show the health aspect of it. And I definitely care about the health aspect.

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to watch this video. Do they cover Yacon Syrup and Lacuma Powder?
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I haven't had a chance to watch this video. Do they cover Yacon Syrup and Lacuma Powder?

No but in the 1st minute or so they state what they test.
  • erikeich
    erikeich Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The one to use is Erythritol. It doesnt raise glucose and since your body cannot process it you simply pass it in urine. No Carb sweetener! Stevia is my favorite, I like Zevia Soda and Sweetleaf coffee drops. My only experience with Monk fruit is some chocolate sweetened with Monk Fruit and Erythritol.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @KnitOrMiss - they did not cover those two.