Good Keto Book?

Options
ddzgm
ddzgm Posts: 11 Member
I am diabetic with PCOS and need to lose weight and lower my blood sugar levels.. I have been changing my eating habits and lost 5 lbs in the last three weeks. I want to start Keto because I have read and been told it is a good way for diabetics to get their sugar in order and lose weight. I was hoping someone could tell me of a good Keto diet book. I don't know a lot other than low carbs. I understand what Ketosis is but would like more information. If not a good book maybe a website. I am not sure what the guidelines are as far as net carbs, calories, etc.

Replies

• gordyt
    gordyt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like these two:

1. The Keto Diet Reset, by Mark Sisson, and
    2. Keto, by Maria and Craig Emmerich

I got my copies from Amazon.
  • ddzgm
    ddzgm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • chitownthai
    chitownthai Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the Keto diet book by Martina Slajerova
  • rpwalto
    rpwalto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't help you as far as diet books, but if you want the science behind the diet broken down REALLY well into laymen's terms, check out Thomas DeLauer on YouTube. He explains a great deal about Keto, and he also throws out a couple decent ideas (keto coffee, apple cider vinegar elixir, etc). - Rob
  • 357girl
    357girl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like ruled.me for Keto information. I also read marksdailyapple.com, the guy who came up with Primal Blueprint. He's extremely knowledgeable about nutrition and nutrients. Every time I read something on his site, I do my own research and he's spot on. Long, long ago he developed the supplements for the P90X program, then later decided to use his knowledge toward a more natural lifestyle. I have the bacon and butter cookbook, but I haven't used it much yet since I've only been on Keto for a week. I am down 7.5 pounds, though!
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Go to Dr. KenDBerry YouTube channel. He has a free downloadable book you can have for free! Hope this helps!
  • candee_p
    candee_p Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started Simply Keto. Great information and she has a website too.
  • sallyann8
    sallyann8 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like 'Eat Fat' by Dr. Trudi Deakin. It's a step by step guide to low carb living. lots of coloured diagrams which makes it easy to understand. Some good recipes at the back, my favourite is a quick microwaved chocolate sponge pudding, takes about 5 minutes to whip up and 1-1 and half minutes to cook. Yummy with thick cream ! :) I got it on Amazon.
  • Jagzfan
    Jagzfan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Obesity Code by Jason Fong, Why We Get Fat by Taubes, Keto Clarity by Jimmy Moore and Eric Westman, are some of my favorites.
  • KaitlynPeri
    KaitlynPeri Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not a book per se but I learned so much listening to the 2ketodudes podcast and they have a huge online forum. Ketogenicforum.com
  • sallyann8
    sallyann8 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the obesity code at the moment and it's brilliant, particularly about why we lose weight for so long and then plateau, so as a yo yo dieter and someone long past the menopause I'm now incorporating intermittent fasting to speed things up. Tomorrow I won't eat until dinner in the evening.
  • sher0526
    sher0526 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go here: http://oceanofpdf.com/search/ and search for Simply Keto by Suzanne Ryan. It's great, simple, has wonderful recipes and a 30 day meal plan. It's a free pdf file you can download!