MARCH Chatting and Gratitude

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
So who else is ready for Springtime to arrive? I sure am, had enough of Winter.

Replies

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I could go for a little more snow than we had this winter. And then there's that warm air - last week it got up to about 64 degrees and I said, that's it: this is the perfect temperature, it shouldn't get any higher. Alas, but it will. So Spring is good but it's inevitably followed by Summer :#>:)

Ok, so ONE more snowstorm and then I won't complain. I do enjoy hearing the song of returning birds. Spotted my first chipmunk on the loose this past week. So, it has its strong points.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    We saw a pair of bald eagles mating in mid air. Spring is here, we might get some snow later this month, but the birds and squirrels are all mating now. So welcome back Spring.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Turns out the mating pair of eagles have three eggs again this year. Hoping they all make it. Last year, they successfully raised three chicks. A few years ago, they were lucky to raise one. Hoping the success continues for them. I am so grateful I live in this area.
  • shellzbellz
    shellzbellz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It’s so nice that you can have that experience with the eagles and their chicks...I do miss seasons for sure...now my home is in Key West so we have different more subtle spring experiences...but my orchids are starting to bloom and usually by Mother’s Day nature gives me quite a show. I am so grateful that these survived Irma. gfm1zjm2kfa6.png
  • retirehappy
    Options
    How beautiful. Key West is a lovely place too. I finally made it down there a couple of winters ago, have been many times to Fl just not that far south. I loved seeing the Hemmingway house.

Hoping to see 60F here today and warmer still tomorrow I have to get out and get in more steps :).
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good morning! We got snow flurries today..kind of weird for March in NC.. it's mostly melted. I did go for a walk to get some pictures; it's only 38 degrees but it isn't windy, so it wasn't too bad. Also the snow melted as soon as it hit the drive, so it wasn't slushy and freezing underfoot...

I hit a bad winter slump... but today is a new day, so..

kpa7xjnxpfge.jpg

• shellzbellz
    Options
    Awesome Picture! Hooray for new days! It’s been cold here (for us) but I’m enjoying it, a shame for visitors from colder places wanting some hot summer like fun!

• retirehappy
    Options
    My heart is broken at the sad news of Bobbie Armstrong's passing. She will be missed by all our group members.
  • shellzbellz
    Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss, I did not know her but appreciate your heartfelt post. Please share your thoughts of Bobbie if you care to.