Cookbooks

Options
fatchimom
fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
I'm really excited! I ordered Maria Emmerich's new book and Jimmy Moore's Ketogenic cookbook. They should be here tomorrow!! Do y'all have a favorite go to cookbook??? I find myself making the same things all the time so I'm always looking for new inspiration.

Replies

• nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I find I use them less and less actually in this digital age. I do mostly Pinterest, and have a few fave sites.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have one of those 4x6 photo album things that I use as my cookbook...I usually just find recipes on the internet and print them, then if I like them they end up in the cookbook, if not they end up in the trash...
  • Amjcance
    Amjcance Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tcunbeliever - that is a great idea. I have two I like but I’ve been using the internet a ton. Keto connect and carb maven have good creative recipes. Both my cookbooks are kindle versions which isn’t ideal but I didn’t want to spend the money of I didn’t really like them. I like Simply Keto is one book by Suzanne something.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I have one of those 4x6 photo album things that I use as my cookbook...I usually just find recipes on the internet and print them, then if I like them they end up in the cookbook, if not they end up in the trash...

Same here, I even copy over some recipes from larger cookbooks to keep in my smaller favorites book.
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have a couple and have my fave go to recipes but usually I just google. Eg for tonite I took out a pork roast and thought I wld use the slow cooker so googled that and it took me to a recipe at dietdoctor.com. Easy breezy. But sometimes it is fun to scroll through Keto cookbooks or recipes on a Keto site to get new ideas and inspiration. Enjoy!!!!
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So far, my favorite cookbook is 500 Ketogenic Recipes by Dana Carpender. I like that she keeps them pretty simple. There’s a nice description at the beginning of each recipe. I too, get recipes online, with dietdoctor.com having some winners. I love the pizza crust I got from there and my grandson thought it was pretty tasty as well, a bonus!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I also just google recipes. Gosh there is so much online!!
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have a Dana Carpender book on the way. I like looking online but also like have an actual cookbook.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Cookbooks are handy to have in the kitchen. I can be kinda messy so there's no way I want my tablet anywhere near my kitchen and I generally just google keto recipes online on my desktop in the office, then if it looks good I'll print a copy for kitchen use, and bookmark the site.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    For the last 10 years or so I've been keeping a 5" binder of favorite recipes. I'll try them and if they make the cut of "keeper", I'll save them in the binder. It is a mish mash of recipes torn from magazines taped to an 8.5x11 sheet of paper, recipes printed from the Internet and hand written recipes from old cookbooks and friends.

Yep. I imagine it harbors oodles of germs. :#
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I also use the internet a lot for recipes. One day I'll get them organized and in a binder. Does that count as exercise?
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    fatchimom wrote: »
    I also use the internet a lot for recipes. One day I'll get them organized and in a binder. Does that count as exercise?

YES!! B)
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    For the last 10 years or so I've been keeping a 5" binder of favorite recipes. I'll try them and if they make the cut of "keeper", I'll save them in the binder. It is a mish mash of recipes torn from magazines taped to an 8.5x11 sheet of paper, recipes printed from the Internet and hand written recipes from old cookbooks and friends.

Which is what keeps you healthy, nothing wrong with some good ol' dirt! B)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

Totally agree.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options

Perhaps it's your own special fermentation batch :p:D:p
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    @kpk54 I started putting mine in clear plastic sleeves about a year ago so only the new additions are stain free :D