March 3rd - hiked 60 minutes, 10,700+ steps
  • PNWBethany
    PNWBethany Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    March 4th - another hike 11,900 steps
  • 2nelune
    2nelune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow @PNWBethany! You’ve been busy! Way to go!
  • 2nelune
    Options
    I’ve been sick and wiped out the past 2 days, but I managed a 20 minute resistance band workout today.
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    2nelune wrote: »
    Wow @PNWBethany! You’ve been busy! Way to go!

I benefited from hiking with a friend and then my sister over the weekend!

Today only 5,000 steps :)

I hope you feel better soon and get some good rest this evening.
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    March 6th - C25K Week 5 Day 1. 10,200+ steps
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    March 7th - C25K Week 5 Day 2
  • 2nelune
    Options
    Played basketball with my son’s team on 3/6 and then did this 20 minute workout today qq1eor389cuk.jpeg
    tqcmcm8d13sa.jpeg
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    March 8th - no exercise
    March 9th - 6,600 steps
  • 2nelune
    Options
    Finally feeling back to myself and had some time without the kids so I did this Millionaire Hoy workout. It definitely pushed me!
    https://youtu.be/7gANSl2eZ48
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    March 10th - 5,500+ steps
    March 11th - 1,000 steps.

I have a habit of distracting myself with household chores and thinking about bigger household projects instead of remembering my priority for the year: taking care of my health. I haven't given up yet...which is why I log in here...but I'm also not making much progress in losing weight or feeling an increase in physical or emotional wellness. Getting normal sleep would surely help, I think (6 wakings last night). I'm going to keep reminding myself that my health is my priority before I make decisions about what to do each day.
  • 2nelune
    Options
    PNWBethany wrote: »
    March 10th - 5,500+ steps
    March 11th - 1,000 steps.

I have a habit of distracting myself with household chores and thinking about bigger household projects instead of remembering my priority for the year: taking care of my health. I haven't given up yet...which is why I log in here...but I'm also not making much progress in losing weight or feeling an increase in physical or emotional wellness. Getting normal sleep would surely help, I think (6 wakings last night). I'm going to keep reminding myself that my health is my priority before I make decisions about what to do each day.

Just the fact that you’re aware of it is the first step. Don’t discredit what you’ve done though. You’ve been moving (even if it’s not as much as you’d like). What has helped me (and someone suggested this in this group at one point) is to think small. My goal is 3 times per week for at least 15 minutes. I’ve been able to handle that and am feeling better because of it.

As for the sleep, it makes a world of difference. With that said, I’ve oddly found that when I workout (no matter how tired) I feel more energized throughout the day.

Would it help to “do workouts together?” What I mean by that is that we find a couple quick 15-30 minute workouts on Pinterest/YouTube/etc. for the week, post them here, and then check in for progress at the end of the week? The goal would just be to do 3 by weeks end. If this isn’t something you want to do, I won’t be offended at all. It was just a thought :smiley:

• PNWBethany
    Options
    [/quote] Just the fact that you’re aware of it is the first step. Don’t discredit what you’ve done though. You’ve been moving (even if it’s not as much as you’d like). What has helped me (and someone suggested this in this group at one point) is to think small. My goal is 3 times per week for at least 15 minutes. I’ve been able to handle that and am feeling better because of it.

As for the sleep, it makes a world of difference. With that said, I’ve oddly found that when I workout (no matter how tired) I feel more energized throughout the day.

Would it help to “do workouts together?” What I mean by that is that we find a couple quick 15-30 minute workouts on Pinterest/YouTube/etc. for the week, post them here, and then check in for progress at the end of the week? The goal would just be to do 3 by weeks end. If this isn’t something you want to do, I won’t be offended at all. It was just a thought :smiley:

[/quote]

March 12 - 7,600+ steps

Yes, I'd love to "work out together"! That would be awesome. Is there a certain day you want to check in? Monday? Thank you - thinking small is a great idea. I jump ahead in my mind and feel like I need to do hour long classes or be able to jog 6 miles, which is just not gonna happen.

I love your idea! :)
  • 2nelune
    Options
    Awesome! I think Monday is a good day to check in. It gives us all week to do the exercises. I think the goal should just be 3 workouts. I have no problem posting workouts, but if you want to add to them (or post them) please do. With that said, I’m ok if we pick and choose from those 3 (i.e if there’s one that for some reason won’t work, we just do one of the other ones twice).

What would be the best organization for this? I have some options below.

1. Just keep posting on this thread for the month.
    2. Create a new thread for the exercises and comment on that thread.
    3. Create some sort of Google doc that we can link the workouts and comment on.
    4. Create a Facebook group where the workouts can be posted and commented on (I could do this).
    5. Any other options that I may not be thinking of.

I’m excited about this!
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    2nelune wrote: »
    Awesome! I think Monday is a good day to check in. It gives us all week to do the exercises. I think the goal should just be 3 workouts. I have no problem posting workouts, but if you want to add to them (or post them) please do. With that said, I’m ok if we pick and choose from those 3 (i.e if there’s one that for some reason won’t work, we just do one of the other ones twice).

What would be the best organization for this? I have some options below.

1. Just keep posting on this thread for the month.
    2. Create a new thread for the exercises and comment on that thread.
    3. Create some sort of Google doc that we can link the workouts and comment on.
    4. Create a Facebook group where the workouts can be posted and commented on (I could do this).
    5. Any other options that I may not be thinking of.

I’m excited about this!

The goal of three workouts sounds great! I'm thinking Facebook is the best option if you're up for making a group! It seems like the simplest, quickest, and most user friendly option. It especially seems like the best option for sharing videos and links.

And your idea about picking and choosing from the 3 options sounds great too!

This is exciting!:)
  • 2nelune
    Options
    Perfect! I’ll make a group sometime today (it might not be until night) and then share the link here. :smile:
  • 2nelune
    Options
    Here’s the link to the group https://m.facebook.com/groups/1983150895285452.

Anyone can join, but I kept it closed just in case. I also added something about not selling things (in case others want to join). Feel free to share with others. The more people who can support each other, the better. I’m sad to see so few people still using this.

Also, if there’s anything you think should be changed just let me know!
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    Thanks so much for making the group! I was sad and surprised about this group, too. Looking forward to using our "new", evolved support group on FB. :)