Options
shaypearl
shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
A) 1-10
- Db Squats
- Bar Facing Burpees

B) Remainder of time 1RM Clean

This one I had to scale. These are my 2 worse movements, burpees and anything that has to do with squatting. I was able to finish part A at 11:15 and only had time for one clean at just 85 lbs, which I realized was way to light so I tried to quickly add an an additional 30 lbs total and cleaned it, but not it in time. I thought I was going to be way more tired than I actually was.

The burpees were the worse part for me, everyone else at the gym was complaining about their legs from the squats. I started really feeling it on round 7.

What did you guys get? What was the worse part? And what round did you really start feeling it?

Replies

• eileent76
    eileent76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    RX.
    Burpees are my niche, the DBs are heavy for me. Lost a lot of time in the 8-10rds taking breaks.
    11:15
    85lbs
    Should have loaded the bar heavier to start, mad at myself for not trying a 2nd Clean in the final few seconds.
    Hate to say it; gonna try again Monday!
  • shaypearl
    Options
    eileent76 wrote: »
    RX.
    Burpees are my niche, the DBs are heavy for me. Lost a lot of time in the 8-10rds taking breaks.
    11:15
    85lbs
    Should have loaded the bar heavier to start, mad at myself for not trying a 2nd Clean in the final few seconds.
    Hate to say it; gonna try again Monday!

Almost everyone that did it with me on Friday said they should have gone heavier on the cleans. We warned the ones that did it today to go heavier than they think and it was still to light for most of them.

I wish burpees were my niche. I detest them. I and one and done. I will not being doing a redo. Good luck to you though. I'm sure you will do great.
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    10:33, 185 lbs Rx

Second time with some heavy DB’s for me... I weigh 165 so +20 BW Clean seemed pretty good. New Burpee standards are a pain though... no repped 3 times
  • shaypearl
    Options
    MilesAddie wrote: »
    10:33, 185 lbs Rx

Second time with some heavy DB’s for me... I weigh 165 so +20 BW Clean seemed pretty good. New Burpee standards are a pain though... no repped 3 times

Oh man, being no repped sucks. I wonder why they changed the burpee standards. I watched to Open and Vellner got no repped on the burpees and I replayed that portion of the video like 5 times and could not understand why.
  • eileent76
    Options
    I did it again today (I’m totally a crazy person!)
    9:38 and 107lb RX
    Changing the hold on the DB made a world of difference. Now I’m critiquing myself for getting greedy on the clean; I failed 117 twice as my legs wouldn’t drop for a squat clean. Wondering if I could have hit 112...
    Pretty thrilled with the improvement, gonna have a silly grin on my face all day!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    7:57 and 185lb RX. This was the first crossfit workout i've done in a year since I switched exclusively to weightlifting. I paced too slow on the burpees/squats because I was scared of how bad my conditioning would be but it wasn't as bad as I expected and I still had gas in the tank at the end. If I was going to do it again I would have paced harder on the first part of the workout so I could have worked to a heavier clean, 185 is only 86% of my max but it was really fun to do a crossfit WOD again. Not horrific for an out of shape weightlifter. Awesome job everyone!

*Edit to add round seven is when the burpees started sucking for me as well
  • shaypearl
    Options
    7:57 and 185lb RX. This was the first crossfit workout i've done in a year since I switched exclusively to weightlifting. I paced too slow on the burpees/squats because I was scared of how bad my conditioning would be but it wasn't as bad as I expected and I still had gas in the tank at the end. If I was going to do it again I would have paced harder on the first part of the workout so I could have worked to a heavier clean, 185 is only 86% of my max but it was really fun to do a crossfit WOD again. Not horrific for an out of shape weightlifter. Awesome job everyone!

*Edit to add round seven is when the burpees started sucking for me as well
    You kicked but for your first workout back. Congratulations!!!
  • shaypearl
    Options
    I did it again today (I’m totally a crazy person!)
    9:38 and 107lb RX
    Changing the hold on the DB made a world of difference. Now I’m critiquing myself for getting greedy on the clean; I failed 117 twice as my legs wouldn’t drop for a squat clean. Wondering if I could have hit 112...
    Pretty thrilled with the improvement, gonna have a silly grin on my face all day!
    If you are crazy then so am I. I did it again but this time RX. Finished at 11:20. I finished at 11:16 scaled. I did 105 on the cleans and didn't have time to load more weight. I’m glad I showed myself I could do RX.
  • eileent76
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nice work!

And now we await the next challenge. Please Dave, no wall-balls
  • shaypearl
    Options
    Nice work!

And now we await the next challenge. Please Dave, no wall-balls

I predict pull-ups, hand stands, or deadlifts.
  • MilesAddie
    Options
    Pull-ups, handstand push-ups, and deadlifts are the three things I’m best at!

No double Unders, Assault Bike, or heavy Snatches...
  • MilesAddie
    Options
    18.3 announced. I’m screwed.
  • Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    82 reps (scaled) for 18.2.

I'm excited to see what ya'll log for 18.3. I've been above the bar only once (with 2 thick bands and a red one, barely) so am prepared to log my 220 and struggle for the rest of the time.