Keto and Constipation

Options
Jacqgh777
Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
edited March 2018 in Social Groups
This guy went from 280 to a fitness model doing keto (and of course working out). Pretty interesting info.
https://youtu.be/cFfB_-3fiA4

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Good video. Common sense approach emphasizing inclusion versus exclusion.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    Yes!! Agreed.
  • awash10
    awash10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    great video
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    This doesn’t make any sense to me at all.
    Intestines don’t need bulk or the “push” of soluble fiber for things to move. They contract and move stuff on their own.
    As someone that had to completely eliminate all forms of fiber to finally resolve constipation, I can promise you that things move just fine without bulk or soluble fiber to “push” it through.
    I mean, how would that even work anyway? Does soluble fiber have some physical ability to apply force that the gut itself doesn’t have? That doesn’t make even a little bit of sense.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Jacqgh777 wrote: »

Well that one made more sense than the other one did.
    Not sure how fat clogs up a gallbladder...

I do wish these people would spend some time clarifying the difference between constipation which has physical symptoms of discomfort or pain and simply not going as often because you’re eating more nutrient dense, less waste foods.
    Lots of people diagnose themselves as constipated just because they don’t go as often as before with zero other “symptoms”.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Jacqgh777 wrote: »

Well that one made more sense than the other one did.
    Not sure how fat clogs up a gallbladder...

I do wish these people would spend some time clarifying the difference between constipation which has physical symptoms of discomfort or pain and simply not going as often because you’re eating more nutrient dense, less waste foods.
    Lots of people diagnose themselves as constipated just because they don’t go as often as before with zero other “symptoms”.

Exactly. On keto, a lot of folks just go less often period. They are eating less bulk. So they will go less often, and nothing is wrong with that. I went 4 or 5 days at a time with no discomfort when I was keto regularly. That was my new normal. If you have abdominal pain and bloating, that's constipation. Just plain "not going for longer than usual" isn't constipation. It's just a change in bowel habits.