Motivation

Options
candicew70
candicew70 Posts: 74 Member
Going to a conference in two weeks, and I want to buy some new clothes to wear...in a slightly smaller size. This is definitely keeping me motivated!

Replies

• bethkulp
    bethkulp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm going to one in May and I'm thinking the same thing!
  • crystalfporter
    crystalfporter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a very long flight coming up in June. The seats on an airplane aren't know to be comfortable for "larger" passengers. I hope to loose enough that I can be somewhat comfortable in those seats.
  • candicew70
    Options
    My motivation is I threw out my fat clothes last year, and I don't want to have to go clothes shopping for higher sizes again!

I should do that--get rid of clothes that are at the upper end of my weight spectrum. I do only tend to buy clothes when I'm thinner/leaner.
  • candicew70
    Options
    My motivation is I threw out my fat clothes last year, and I don't want to have to go clothes shopping for higher sizes again!

I should do that--get rid of clothes that are at the upper end of my weight spectrum. I do only tend to buy clothes when I'm thinner/leaner.

@candicew125 It was my way of telling myself that there's no going back. Now, I wasn't planning gaining weight back over the holidays, but the concept still works. My 14s and 16s are gone, so I have to make do with my 10s and 12s and get this weight off (again). (sigh).

Makes total sense. I had not thought about forcing myself to wear my clothes that are tight as a motivational strategy. I mean within reason, of course--I can't look unprofessional at work lol :) I just haven't bought anything new in a long time.
  • MaryBergland
    MaryBergland Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sunshine , SUMMER , and less clothing !!!
  • e_fou
    e_fou Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have old friends visiting in April. I don't want them to be shocked as I am shocked when I look myself in the mirror. Plus nice clothes! I would love to wear nice stuff again!
  • Mrs_P_6817
    Mrs_P_6817 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my daughter's wedding in September. I want to look good on her wedding day.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Mobility! I would like to be able to join my husband and children in fun adventures without slowing them down!
  • fabkarma
    fabkarma Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I want my energy and fluid movement back, and to rebuild confidence. @e_fou mentioned being shocked when looking in the mirror. I relate. This morning I took a mirror shot to remind myself and kick my a**... so tired of stumbling at this, wants results!
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A reunion in April and a very active trip to Colorado this summer. I would also really love to look great in my cloths
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Jenniferakajacel311 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have scheduled a doctor's visit to draw my A1c and cholesterol again. I want my numbers lower than they were last time and that's my motivation.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My first motivation was just to start losing weight - now I am aiming for a pair of capri pants I used to wear around 12 years ago - also to make the scale show 60kg like I was in my 20s!
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have some travel coming up, a European cruise in May and Hawaii in June. The two family weddings in August and September. I would like to lose 15#.