keto tacos just rocked my world

Options
braineblonde
braineblonde Posts: 16 Member
Ok, I have been doing Keto since the first week of January and have lost about 15 lbs so far. I'm ok with the slower weight loss as I only needed to lose about 25 lbs. I've done HCG in the past and lost the 25 lbs, and managed to keep it off for 2+ years, but maintaining that way of eating was difficult and I felt miserable even though I was thin. Keto is so much more maintainable for me and I intend to make this a lifestyle, not a diet. Anyway, after I do miss bread, but have managed to stay away from it or eat keto friendly breadlike items (thank you KNOW Foods). Today I was missing tacos, so I found a recipe for shredded chicken tacos with crunchy shells made entirely from cheddar cheese. I didn't have super high hopes for this satisfying my craving, but I could not have been more wrong! If you haven't tried this trick, you need to. Just thought I'd share!

Replies

• Jacqgh777
    Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! Can you share the recipe please? I also have done hCG in the past and it is miserable because you are starving yourself, literally.
  • ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I’ve done taco in lettuce wraps and was pretty darn good.
  • julieb47
    julieb47 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had one for lunch today. I think it's the best Keto recipe! Headbanger's Kitchen makes them in a pan and fries an egg on the top too.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I found them to be pretty greasy but they sure substitute well for a shell! I was pleasantly surprised.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I calculated the calories in 56 grams of cheese and decided I best stick to taco salads. 200+ calories per shell. :#
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ya the calories are higher but we also do IF and occasionally I do OMAD so I need those calories for dinner.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I calculated the calories in 56 grams of cheese and decided I best stick to taco salads. 200+ calories per shell. :#

Agreed. I LOOOOOOOVE cheese shells. But they are calorie bombs supreme.