STOKED!!

Options
Jacqgh777
Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
edited March 2018 in Social Groups
Lost 4 lbs in 5 days!! Following Dr. Berg for my hormone body type has really helped me!!

Replies

• ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Jacqgh777 wrote: »
    Lost 4 lbs in 5 days!! Following Dr. Berg for my hormone body type has really helped me!!

Almost a pound per day! En fuego!
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    ClayBengal wrote: »
    Jacqgh777 wrote: »

Almost a pound per day! En fuego!
    Thanks!!! About to weigh here shortly!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Nice start. :) Congrats!

Make sure you keep up your salt intake. If some of that is water you may need to increase sodium to balance lost electrolytes.
  • Jacqgh777
    edited March 2018
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Nice start. :) Congrats!

Make sure you keep up your salt intake. If some of that is water you may need to increase sodium to balance lost electrolytes.

@nvmomketo
    Thank you. I am up on salt. I also have Electrolytes.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    tqc5ywaxxyr6.jpeg
    k1kqal4cdz33.jpeg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Those have very little sodium.
    Hopefully you’re supplementing sodium in another way as well.
    You’d need like 30 or more of those a day, I addition to salting all food, to even get within the low range of recommended supplementation.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    Those have very little sodium.
    Hopefully you’re supplementing sodium in another way as well.
    You’d need like 30 or more of those a day, I addition to salting all food, to even get within the low range of recommended supplementation.

I’m getting my daily requirements in salting my food. Agreed the sodium on these are low. Won’t buy again
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I can’t imagine getting enough just by salting food. I don’t like food that salty
    nhg3sqx8mlbd.jpeg
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    I measure what I intake and add to my food. I also have acv drinks with water lemon and salt. I’m buying an electrolyte drink which is way better and as far as magnesium and potassium I’m all set. What works for one may not work for another. Thanks for the post :-)))
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I can’t imagine getting enough just by salting food. I don’t like food that salty
    nhg3sqx8mlbd.jpeg

A great reminder!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I track my sodium and then usually have bouillon in the evening to meet goal. I was out of bouillon last night, so I measured out Morton's Lite Salt and mixed it up in some Crystal Light.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ - I bought a much better electrolyte powder today! 1000 mg of potassium
    Per serving and all the extras. Sodium is not too high on it but with my daily intake on my own and in acv drinks it works out. You were right about the pills I had. Thx :-)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Just be careful not to overdo potassium. You won't need too much as long as you are taking care of sodium. Potassium and magnesium go low when sodium is too low, and the body starts leeching out those minerals to use instead.

I used to just take 1/2 a teaspoon of salt with a water chaser every morning. I don't enjoy a lot of salt on my food either. :)
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Just be careful not to overdo potassium. You won't need too much as long as you are taking care of sodium. Potassium and magnesium go low when sodium is too low, and the body starts leeching out those minerals to use instead.

I used to just take 1/2 a teaspoon of salt with a water chaser every morning. I don't enjoy a lot of salt on my food either. :)

@nvmomketo - thanks for the pointers! I appreciate it!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Definitely be careful with potassium.
    My daughter who is chronically potassium deficient, confirmed by blood test, takes a prescription that is only 99mg.
    Potassium is dangerous if you get too much and many foods contain potassium that you probably aren’t aware of. Coffee and tea for example have quite a lot.
    I personally disagree very much with the keto gains recommendation on potassium but recently I’ve seen both Tyler Cartwright and Luis Villasenor say that people should be careful supplementing potassium especially if there is no confirmation of deficiency.
    Read up on the symptoms of potassium overdose so you can recognize them if you happen to have issue with it.
    My honest opinion is simply swallowing ordinary sea salt crystals is the best way to go.
    I literally buy giant bags at TJMaxx for like $3 or plain old sea salt.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    Definitely be careful with potassium.
    My daughter who is chronically potassium deficient, confirmed by blood test, takes a prescription that is only 99mg.
    Potassium is dangerous if you get too much and many foods contain potassium that you probably aren’t aware of. Coffee and tea for example have quite a lot.
    I personally disagree very much with the keto gains recommendation on potassium but recently I’ve seen both Tyler Cartwright and Luis Villasenor say that people should be careful supplementing potassium especially if there is no confirmation of deficiency.
    Read up on the symptoms of potassium overdose so you can recognize them if you happen to have issue with it.
    My honest opinion is simply swallowing ordinary sea salt crystals is the best way to go.
    I literally buy giant bags at TJMaxx for like $3 or plain old sea salt.
    I think I’m going to stick to the sea salt as well. I do eat 7-10 cups salad/veggies which has a lot of potassium too. Thanks for the info. Will read up on it!!! Xo
  • ErniesMom863
    ErniesMom863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have been using pink himelean sea salt and feel really great.