March 2018 Challenge

Options
WifiresGettingFit
WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
edited March 2018 in Social Groups
Hey everyone! Welcome to a new month!

The March spreadsheet is ready for anyone who would like to use it.

If there's anything you forgot to fill in for February, just let me know and I'll add it.

For this month, I have no idea what my goals are. haha but feel free to share your goals below!
(EDIT: My goal is to not have a specific goal. haha I really just want to see how this month goes especially with the job starting and all the changes that it will bring.)

Happy March!

Replies

• pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Haha, no rush on the goals Kayla!

Mine are:
    - Lose 5 lbs from today (pretty sure a LITTLE bit of it was water retention from sushi last night)
    - Log every day
    - Wake up and do some kind of exercise 3 days per week
    - Active weekends (1 big-ish activity like skiing, hiking, or bike riding per weekend)

Happy March everyone!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @pezhed Thank you for being understanding about my lack of goals! haha! =P
    Awesome goals! Happy March! =) So, how are you feeling about the goals you made and this month in general?
  • pezhed
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit I feel a little nervous that I won't achieve most of them but I think I have to for my own health and in the interest of not letting this trend of weight gain get out of control before getting pregnant (I hope I hope I hope)

Any goals yet?

I added my info to the spreadsheet and it looks like my sign-up cell is not carrying over to the logging tab. I wasn't able to fix it since the cell is protected. Can you fix it?
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I think I'll hop back in this month with some goals. I'm starting to get pretty nervous out how fast May is getting here and how this winter won't end so we can finish getting things ready! I'm at a standstill on getting crib set-up until it quits snowing and melts and we can get the old furniture out of the room.

March Goals:

-Get the nursery set-up
    -Add daily walks after work once the snow melts
    -Try to relax rather than stress about the millions of things to get done
    -Not snap to my husband when he doesn't understand that I want to get things done now vs waiting until April
    -Get work projects due before May all laid out and planned
    -Sleep more
    -Get through calving season at the end of the month

• WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @pezhed Even if you only complete one goal or if you continue to just work towards them, it's still a step in the right direction. I hope this is your month! Baby dust sent your way!

For now, I think my goal will just be to see what happens this month - as lame as that sounds but I'll be starting work in a week and I know that's going to be a huge adjustment period between the going back to work itself and the crazy shift and the new people and company so for now, I'm just going to wait and see how things are before trying to come up with a plan/goals.

I fixed the spreadsheet, I must have accidentally deleted the formula when I was clearing the previous information, sorry about that!

@SheilAnneSmith Great goals! May is definitely not that far away, time really does go fast. I hope things get situated and you feel better and less nervous!

• pezhed
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit that totally makes sense with the new job! Glad to see you found out you’ll be starting in a week! Gotta see how life goes with all of the changes. Thanks for fixing the spreadsheet!

@SheilAnneSmith ahh yeah I’d be stressed too and it seems like this winter has been pretty relentless in a lot of places. Hope you can get the old furniture moved out soon! I’m sure you’ll be a lot more relaxed once the nursery is ready.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @pezhed You're welcome! =)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    It's probably a good thing I didn't make any goals this month because I'm almost positive I wouldn't have reached them. I know we are just entering mid month but I'm just not having a very positive outlook about it especially with the work shift I'll be on. I am trying to think more positively but it hasn't been the easiest. I keep telling myself to just wait and see how things go but it's frustrating because I just want this all to work and the not knowing and overthinking isn't helping plus I'm so tired of not meeting my goals and for this process/journey to be such a struggle. It's exhausting. I know it's in my power to make the change and make things happen but it just seems like I can never stick to it for very long. *sigh*

How is everyone else doing? @pezhed @SheilAnneSmith
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I haven't set any goals for March, but I'd like to now. I'm 197 today, and was 196 the past few days. Ive been working on my diet and logging and measuring too. The scale read 199 recently and spurred me into action, so I'm not disappointed about 197, this isn't linear. I'm making progress, and I walked on my treadmill yesterday for the first time in months.

My goal for March is to walk 3x a week and do pt everyday. I'd like the scale to read 194 by the end of the month.

Kayla I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated. I know exactly how you feel-been there (am here? Lol!)
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    How is it already half-way through March. This is insane, time needs to slow down--I don't think I'm quite ready for baby to be here in 2 months!

I just got back from a long weekend at my parents for a baby shower, it went really well and I got a ton of stuff. I also have several people giving me hand-me-down clothes and supplies. I'm not even sure what all I have right now, a lot it seems like. I'm ready to start tackling cleaning and organizing, I hope by next weekend we can start to get things together.

Cows start calving in a week. I still have stuff to get together for that. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

I feel like I'm not prepared at work at all--hopefully things will come together soon.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Awesome goals and you're right, you're making progress and that's great! You can do this! =) It's good to know I'm not alone in the frustration. haha =D

@SheilAnneSmith Time has been going fast! I hope things come together and go smoothly for you! I'm glad your baby shower went well! =)
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I guess my plan for March is to only gain 3 or 4 lbs, and to get back to the gym. Tks!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth Awesome goals!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Welp, I did not gain only 3 or 4 pounds. More like 8, and most of it in the last part of March. >__< I also didn't get to the gym more that twice. I'm going to go this morning though. It's my day off. Yay! Geeze, y'all. My food cravings have gone through the roof the last week or so. I'm afraid April is going to be a fatty month for me. Hope you guys did better than me in March!
This discussion has been closed.