First challenge! Brain storm ideas

Options
kttyson
kttyson Posts: 77 Member
edited March 2018 in Social Groups
What should our first group goal be? We'll make an event that's in this group.
Brain storm away

1j7jkr5hdaxi.gif

Replies

• kttyson
    Options
    We could start with a group goal like doing fat least 2 hours of cardio over the weeks. What do you all think?
  • mayapozzolo
    mayapozzolo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like that idea. It's basically half an hour in four days! That's my goal
  • kttyson
    Options
    On the Facebook group someone mentioned a meditation challenge too. Should we plan to have these two be our ongoing challenges?
  • TisBonnie
    TisBonnie Posts: 48 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    kttyson wrote: »
    On the Facebook group someone mentioned a meditation challenge too. Should we plan to have these two be our ongoing challenges?

I got that one handled at least, I already meditate 10 minutes/day. :)
    The cardio, I will have to work my way up to. I was overdoing it and crashed hard, so I’m starting out again at 1 hour/week.
  • cassandrac915
    cassandrac915 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I like the meditation idea. I have difficulty just sitting still and thinking about nothing (though I do practice it occasionally), but I'm really fascinated by the idea of walking meditation.

Sometimes I can do exercise and get into it so much that I don't really notice the time passing. The worst thing is when I'm fighting the process (counting down the time on cardio-- "omg, I sooo want this to be over/ how can anyone possibly stand doing this so much?" kind of thinking). But if I can submit myself to the exercise and just go with it, it's very relaxing and makes my day so much better. I wonder if it's sort of like that.
  • TisBonnie
    TisBonnie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I like the meditation idea. I have difficulty just sitting still and thinking about nothing (though I do practice it occasionally), but I'm really fascinated by the idea of walking meditation.

Sometimes I can do exercise and get into it so much that I don't really notice the time passing. The worst thing is when I'm fighting the process (counting down the time on cardio-- "omg, I sooo want this to be over/ how can anyone possibly stand doing this so much?" kind of thinking). But if I can submit myself to the exercise and just go with it, it's very relaxing and makes my day so much better. I wonder if it's sort of like that.

I use the Headspace app, and it has meditations to do while walking, running, or cycling!
    Even the sitting still kind though, you’re not supposed to think about nothing. You might focus on one thing, like counting breaths. Really, you’re trying to train yourself to let your thoughts and feelings pass as fast as they come to you. Like sitting by the side of a road watching cars go by, as opposed to running after them (worrying).
  • cassandrac915
    cassandrac915 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will look into that. :)