What brand of scale do you use?

Options
pendennis
pendennis Posts: 117 Member
I'm looking for recommendations because just this morning my digital gave me 4 very different weights, one right after another, within 2 minutes. 236, 237.5, 240.5, 238. (Personally I like the lowest one ;) ) I tested it with my husband (keto'er too) and he showed 2 different weights too. I don't really have a price limit and I'm open to ones that do other things like body analysis too. I'm likely going to buy it this weekend at the latest and tomorrow if possible so let me know....Thanks!

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My scale does the same. I average the 3 when that happens if I think it's important. Fact is, I used the scale the whole time I was losing weight. What's a 3 pound variance within 60+? Now instead of varying between 200-203 it varies between 140 and 145 day to day...for the last many years.

It's an INexpensive Taylor brand that I hope I never have to replace because it measures digitally in full pounds only. I might have gone whacky worrying about tenths of a pound and that seems to be what all scales do now. Tenths of a pound. A big sip of water from a 16 ounce bottle.

ETA: Yes. There was definitely a time I weighed obsessively. :/
  • 0426Jamie
    0426Jamie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We use a Weight Watchers one (not on WW though, lol). It does do BF% and BW% and BMI etc.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Weight Gurus Bluetooth Scale. It synchronizes the readings to an app and the app is MFP compatible. It does body analysis. Highly recommend it.
  • pendennis
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen, we changed the batteries and that solved it!
    I am in the market for a new scale too, however. I've had the same one for 15 years and as far as everyone says, it weighs 5-8 lbs heavy. Any friend or family member who has tried it had complained of it's innacuracy
  • pendennis
    Options
    Yea I tried a new battery too but it really didn't change anything. I will say I have been impressed by the one we have because it is more than 8 yrs old. I just think is it starting to suffer in it's age and the number of moves it has endured. It did fat% and such but those functions do not work at all anymore. The technology has grown so much in the last few years I think a new one is definitely needed.