• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hacks me off
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    We once had a call where we cut a woman, blind drunk, out of a wreck. I found out later she was wearing a donor liver, having drunk her way through her original issue.
    cta89nm3op4s.gif

• allenpriest
    Options
    Drunk and impaired drivers should have no rights to drive again after conviction.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    The selfish b---h who clobbered my daughter is charged with two misdemeanor charges and one felony. The felony will probably be plea bargained away do that she will plead guilty and spare having a trial. If she any character she'd plead guilty to all the charges. But if she had any character she wouldn't be driving so drunk she couldn't stand up. Court date is April 18.

Those of you outside the US probably have a better system. Ours is not a justice system.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    We once had a call where we cut a woman, blind drunk, out of a wreck. I found out later she was wearing a donor liver, having drunk her way through her original issue.

Should have left her in there >:):/
  • allenpriest
    Options
    We got the settlement for the car. Still too soon for injury settlement discussion as she is still under extensive medical care. Concussion issues
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    That's some progress. :) Sending lots of good thoughts for her healing and recovery. <3
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,969 Member
    Options
    Any updates on your daughter? How's she doing??
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Have been working crazy hours with the US tax filing deadline of April 17. 14-16 hour days. Trying to catch up since the crash put me behind but never made it. Glad there are extensions. We were in court yesterday the 18th to meet with the prosecutor. After seeing and hearing from our daughter and us she increased the charges to add another and higher level felony due to the injuries. We also learned the driver was too drunk to stay awake enough to even blow into the machine to measure alcohol. They had to do a blood test. She was three times the legal limit. Daughter is still having neck pain and headaches. If she bends down it's worse. Doctor is telling her it might be a problem the rest of her life. I'm not sure if she will be able to go back into the classroom or not. She is a special education teacher. Right now she couldn't last the full day. But she is improving slowly so I am hoping she will be able to move forward. Next court date is may 17.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    So much that your daughter has been going through. Hope that she continues to improve. <3
  • UncleMac
    Options
    How's your girl doing? Any updates?
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    How is she? How are the legal and insurance matters going?
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Been away from the site for a while. We had a second criminal court hearing may 17. They added two more felony charges against the drunk and we met the arresting officer. The officer said the drunk was so out of it that night that she didn't know she had been in a crash. Daughter is still having neck pain and headaches. She is in intensive physical therapy several times per week. We've engaged an attorney for the civil case but that may take a year or two to resolve. Next criminal court hearing is July 12.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Thanks for the update. Best of luck with the physical therapy!
  • allenpriest
    Options
    She is slowing improving.