Options
shaypearl
shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
Well here we go again. Now is time to separate the the good, the average, and the superstars.

RX:
2 rounds for time of:
100 double-unders
20 overhead squats
100 double-unders
12 ring muscle-ups
100 double-unders
20 dumbbell snatches
100 double-unders
12 bar muscle-ups

Men perform 115-lb. OHS, 50-lb. DB snatches

Scaled:
2 rounds for time of:
100 single-unders
20 overhead squats
100 single-unders
12 chin-over-bar pull-ups
100 single-unders
20 dumbbell snatches
100 single-unders
12 chin-over-bar pull-ups

Men perform 45-lb. OHS, 35-lb. DB snatches

Replies

• shaypearl
    Options
    For this workout I mixed RX and Scaled. I'm OK on dubs so I did not have a problem getting through those, but I did have an issue with the overhead squats. I just can't seem to tackle that movement. So I completed the second round of 100 dubs and just looked at the rigs and practiced the swinging movement. I do plan on doing it again but this time I will do the scaled version with dubs, a little bit more weight on the overhead squats and go right into the pull-ups. That way I get to work for the full 14 minutes.
  • shaypearl
    Options
    shaypearl wrote: »
    For this workout I mixed RX and Scaled. I'm OK on dubs so I did not have a problem getting through those, but I did have an issue with the overhead squats. I just can't seem to tackle that movement. So I completed the second round of 100 dubs and just looked at the rigs and practiced the swinging movement. I do plan on doing it again but this time I will do the scaled version with dubs, a little bit more weight on the overhead squats and go right into the pull-ups. That way I get to work for the full 14 minutes.

I decided to go scale all the way and got a score of 869
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Did scaled...705 reps. My one calf was so tight and sore the next day I couldn't walk.lol
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    221 Rx
  • shaypearl
    Options
    MilesAddie wrote: »
    221 Rx

Nice!
  • Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Man, I was so excited to post here, and I never did! That's frustrating.

Scaled down to pull ups with bands. While that was embarrassing, I saw above the bar for the first time. Now that I know what it looks like up there, I have even more reason to do it without 2 thick bands. (I don't remember reps, but that feel was the takeaway)
  • shaypearl
    Options
    Kohanai wrote: »
    Man, I was so excited to post here, and I never did! That's frustrating.

Scaled down to pull ups with bands. While that was embarrassing, I saw above the bar for the first time. Now that I know what it looks like up there, I have even more reason to do it without 2 thick bands. (I don't remember reps, but that feel was the takeaway)

I'm sure the view was gorgeous up there. hehehehe.