New to Keto - Weight Loss Stall

Options
jules945
jules945 Posts: 3 Member
Hi Everyone!

I started Keto on Feb 20th. The first 16 days went great and I was able to lose 7.8 lbs but since March 8th I have not lost. I have stayed the same weight but the scale won’t move. I’ve cut dairy, added more fat, drinking more water, etc. but it still won’t move. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? Thank you!

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Something related to" Weight Loss Stall" is a really frequent post. You lost nearly 8 pounds in 16 days so ~1/2 pound per day. Your body needs a little time to catch up with that loss. Losing fat takes longer than losing water weight. You're moving into fat loss now. Expect to average about a pound or two a week depending upon calorie compliance, carb compliance, activity compliance, etc during fat loss.

Unless you dislike dairy, there is no reason to eliminate it at this time. I've read that it does "stall some people" but it most likely hasn't happened with you given you have lost nearly 8 pounds in 16 day while eating dairy.

I SMH at unnecessary elimination. What I perceive happening is: a couple days from now your body will decide to drop a half a pound or so and you will suddenly think not eating dairy was the cause and choose to never eat a piece of cheese or an ounce of HWC, get bored or frustrated with dieting and what you can and cannot eat...and quit your efforts to your weight loss goal. Happens all the time.

I acknowledge some people cannot eat some things and some people lose better not eating some things but have a little patience and do some systematic testing. Later.

• TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Do you count kcal? Also, weight loss is not linear.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Are you female? Where are you in your menstrual cycle? It’s common for women to not lose, or even gain, during certain points in your cycle. It’ll average out. Just stick with your original plan. A true plateau that would require revamping your plan would last for 6-12 weeks, you’re nowhere near that, there’s no need to worry yet.
  • WenCruz415
    WenCruz415 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I stall out every few weeks! Just give it time, there is actual science to the stalls. My understanding is that at a molecular level, cells need time to be shed. First they fill with water than eventually die off as you lose weight, this process happens at different speeds, so I would just wait it out you are losing at a healthy rate and maybe even a bit fast. So you can expect these stalls throughout your journey. Like the poster above said, it will all average out, stick with it, don't give up you'll see the scale move again in the next week or two!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Why add more fat? Fat doesn’t make you lose fat. If you’re eating already high fat foods like meat and cooking with healthy fat, there really isn’t much reason to add even more.
  • jules945
    jules945 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice! I’m still tracking and moving forward! Didn’t make any changes other than making sure I track everything. Hopefully more results soon