50extra - My weight loss journey with all the embarrassing details

Options
1222324252628»

Replies

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    3 year olds sure are hard to say no to.

Congrats on hitting your goal and enjoy the time with your family.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    So as I should have expected things aren’t going as planned. I haven’t gained any weight but I surely haven’t lost any either. I’ve been fighting a cold since the day before I got home and a week and a half later I feel like it’s winning. That’s not an excuse it’s just one of the reasons why I am letting myself not workout.

The biggest problem I am having while home is accurately tracking my food. I am really struggling with counting the calories for home made meals.

Regardless if I can kick this cold I really will get back on the wagon, if not I will be okay with staying at maintenance.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend the old recipe builder for homemade meals. It makes things a lot quicker than trying to do the individual ingredients over and over again (especially if it's something you have every week or few weeks) and since it'll save in your recipes it'll be there the next time you have that same meal so it's a time saver. It's also easy to edit a recipe this way as well so if they make changes, it's really just a few clicks to update the old one.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I use the recipe builder all the time for meals, it's a time saver for sure!
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you are struggling to measure calories but
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2537130/Portion-sizes.html
    someone recommended in my journal using my hand to measure portion sizes (it might even have been you !)
    I find it very helpful.
  • 50extra
    Options
    Another trip home, another failed attempt at checking in everyday.

The month off worked out well and by the end of it I had gained 1.2 lbs. Not too bad considering we took a week long trip and ate out and drank every day.

I've been in Germany for three nights now for meetings and am heading to Moscow in a couple hours for three or four more days off meetings. The diet will continue to suffer but I will have a good three weeks in Siberia to try and shed some weight. I will get back on the update wagon once I get to my office.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @50extra Awesome job on maintaining! Glad to see you back! I look forward to your next post!
  • 50extra
    Options
    So I finally made it to Siberia. I ended up staying in Moscow for over a week and that is worse then a vacation on the diet. Many many meals out and many many beers during those meals.

The good news about my extended stay in Germany and Moscow is also the bad news. It only allows me two weeks to get down to business and shed a few pounds.

I arrived here at 4am this morning, got to the apartment, unpacked and grabbed a quick 75 minutes of sleep for the night. Now it's 6pm and I am wiped. I cant see any workouts happening tonight but all should be good as I my calories are on the low side so far. I might have to have some soup later tonight but should still be down around the 1700-1800 range.

If I were to set a goal for this shortened trip in I guess I would say that I would like to be 227lbs when I get home. That would be 2lbs less than I was after last shift. It might be a little far fetched but I can't be for certain, I'm not sure how much damage was caused in the last two weeks of business trips.

Anyways, excited to put some effort in!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Glad you made it safe! I look forward to following along in the process again!
  • 50extra
    Options
    So the last two days are right where they need to be. Calories were nice and low the first day i was here and then yesterday they were up around the 2000 mark. Thankfully I rode my bike last night while watching an episode of Narcos.

Today is more of the same, not going to crazy on anything. Keep my calories around the 2000 mark hopefully and burn just enough calories to keep me at a 2lb loss per week mark.
  • 50extra
    Options
    Day before yesterday my calories were right in check, yesterday not so much. Had some beers last night after work. Today will look the same as we are going out to celebrate St. Paddies day tonight.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @50extra It's been a while since you've checked in, how are things going? Hope all is well.