Beginning keto low carb tomorrow ...

Options
13»

Replies

• jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    anelyaG wrote: »
    @jonnyman41 - not seeing any change could be discouraging. Do you do any physical activity on top of the diet? Are you in ketosis?

I don't know unfortunately as I have yet to order any measuring sticks. Based on what I am eating I should be but without that check I can't say for sure of course. Exercise wise, normally I am reasonably active but have not been in the last few weeks due to work pressures. I do get my 10 000 steps a day one way or another as I have dogs to walk and I walk more when out teaching but I could be better
  • anelyaG
    anelyaG Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    jonnyman41 wrote: »
    anelyaG wrote: »
    @jonnyman41 - not seeing any change could be discouraging. Do you do any physical activity on top of the diet? Are you in ketosis?

I don't know unfortunately as I have yet to order any measuring sticks. Based on what I am eating I should be but without that check I can't say for sure of course. Exercise wise, normally I am reasonably active but have not been in the last few weeks due to work pressures. I do get my 10 000 steps a day one way or another as I have dogs to walk and I walk more when out teaching but I could be better

@jonnyman41 - yup, its hard without the ketostix ...
  • sallyann8
    sallyann8 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    still seem to be in ketosis (moderate) so something's working!
  • sexysexy2
    sexysexy2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have been doing keto for the last 8 weeks and am only 5lb down. I am keeping to macros and exercising 5/7 feeling frustrated that no weight is coming off. My diary is open if anyone wants to be friends and be accountable. I am in the UK and we count total carbs and we do not have as much low carb or low sugar products but our meat and dairy is fantastic .... I need to lose 42lbs and after watching youtube and reading so much about keto I really thought this lifestyle was for me .... I really do not know where I am going wrong....I am 5'7, a young 51 and am eating 1200/1300 calories of which 5% carbs 75% fat and 20% protein
  • sallyann8
    Options
    I'm in the UK too, and it's coming off slowly, so 4lbs 1st week,1lb 2nd week 1lb this week. My only exercise at the moment is walking the dog, 30 minutes or an hour depending on weather at the moment...snow just gone again! I'm quite strict keeping to 20grms of carbs and generally find I'm having two meals a day, because I'm not hungry for more. So I finish eating about 2ish then just drinks until breakfast at about 7.30 Try and walk the dog first thing before breakfast as I'm told it makes your body use stored fat. If I felt hungry I'd eat, because after years of yo yo dieting I'm trying to listen to my body. Hope this helps. Dr. Ken Berry is really good also I love diet doctor really tasty meal ideas, simple and quick to prepare.
  • sallyann8
    Options
    sexysexy2 wrote: »
    I have been doing keto for the last 8 weeks and am only 5lb down. I am keeping to macros and exercising 5/7 feeling frustrated that no weight is coming off. My diary is open if anyone wants to be friends and be accountable. I am in the UK and we count total carbs and we do not have as much low carb or low sugar products but our meat and dairy is fantastic .... I need to lose 42lbs and after watching youtube and reading so much about keto I really thought this lifestyle was for me .... I really do not know where I am going wrong....I am 5'7, a young 51 and am eating 1200/1300 calories of which 5% carbs 75% fat and 20% protein

Also I'm 63 and way past the menopause, so I believe it takes longer...I don't care I love the food and I'm not going to bed early because I've got cravings and I've run out of 'points' or calories!!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I am UK too but stopped low carb a few days ago as getting nowhere. It did however help with my acid reflux so I am going to try again o think
  • sallyann8
    Options
    The main reason I'm doing this is for health, yes I want weight loss too but I'm absolutely convinced that the epidemic rise in the UK in diabetes, heart disease, and Alzheimer's are due to diet and all the wrong information given over the years, I don't have them at the moment and losing the sugar in my diet I think will mean I never have them. 'Cereal killers' is really good on Diet Doctor. I recently heard Barbara Oneil say genetics loads the gun but lifestyle pulls the trigger...apart from all that I actually love how tasty my food is after years of low fat everything!!