Veggies ☘️

Options
xosummerrainxo
xosummerrainxo Posts: 112 Member
edited March 2018 in Social Groups
How many veggies do you eat on a daily basis and which are your go to‘s? Are they mainly salad vegetables or other vegetables as well to eat as sides? If you’re keeping carbs under 20 or even lower they add up so quickly and wanted to see which ones you pretty much stick with while keeping in ketosis.
Happy Saint Patty‘s day to all!! ☘️

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    When I was eating 20 or under I ate spinach, lettuce, collards, cabbage, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans. The usual. I was also able to enjoy limited tomatoes, onions and carrots. I was equally focused on not eating things that have miscellaneous carbs such as salami because I made room for nuts, seeds and coconut which have carbs. I now eat ~50 total grams and feel like I'm in vegetable heaven on days I'm not including other "carby" stuff like cottage cheese and plain greek yogurt.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    My veggie consumption and type of veggies eaten varies depending what other carby foods I'm eating that day. Less dairy means more veggies. I also occasionally eat berries - some berries means less veggies. Spinach and Romaine lettuce are my favorite very low carb veggies. I eat them most days. Over the course of a week, I commonly eat some zucchini (love zoodles), mushrooms, green onions, cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli. Less frequently, in some cases due to the availability of seasonal produce, I eat peppers, tomatoes, Swiss chard, kale, cucumber, string beans, and onion (some of these are actually fruits.) Once in while I'll have a small amount of carrots such as when I'm eating out and having a salad. Can't remember the last time I had peas, snow peas, corn, or potatoes - I don't buy them anymore.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Salad greens, mostly. Mushrooms, onions, cauliflower, red pepper (sparingly), celery. I'll have small amounts of mostly any veggie (no potatoes, yams, etc.), and just log them as net carbs.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I put in a plea for celeriac (celery root) amazingly versatile and 2.3 net carbs per 100g. yummy and excellent replacement for potato in bakes and mashed and and and!
  • xosummerrainxo
    xosummerrainxo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That’s pretty much what I stick to also. Salad greens broccoli cauliflower occasional green beans, and if I’m out sometimes a couple carrots in a salad. Try to keep carbs low as possible even less than 20 so they add up quick I was just curious because I know some people eat no vegetables. China haven’t tried that yet but I like most veggies so I would definitely try it