60 Plus Motivation

Options
StarGem6
StarGem6 Posts: 17 Member
Don't know if it's the cold weather or laziness, but I have the hardest time getting out of the house to the gym. Sometimes I even put on my gym clothes first thing, but then don't go to the gym!

Replies

• nanjhall
    nanjhall Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. The cold weather is not a motivator. I am hoping that since spring is right around the corner I will be more active.
  • LColl3227
    LColl3227 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good evening. In the way of introduction, I'm Larry, a 68 year old retiree.I used My Fitness Pal a number of years ago to successfully lose upwards of twenty pounds . I had a "pen pal" at the time, a farm lady from Halifax Nova Scotia. She and I wrote to each other fairly regularly, encouraging each others efforts and comparing notes along the way. And while I never met her, she was one of the main reasons the effort was so successful.

While I could still lose 4 or 5 more, the real reason I have to stay connected here is to keep my salt content down. A minor case of high blood pressure wills stay minor if I behave! Logging in my meals and exercise every day is how I'm going to do it. But this takes commitment and I want to stay successful here. Are either of you still working this program.
  • Maryselina
    Maryselina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I too find getting motivated hard but I found ‘Raceatyourownpace’ thanks to my daughter and although I haven’t done it every month it’s S great motivator. I can clock up miles walking the dog, playing golf and running but I could just walk if I wasn’t able to run. Anyway look into it I’m sure it would help. I also go to a weight night called girls go strong and love it and would never miss a night. I pay £6 a session normally no more than 8 girls but get so much from this session it’s great. The girls are all a lot younger than me but there is no nasty comments and the trainer is 30 years younger than me and is so supportive but never condescending. I feel so lucky. I do my best and never give in which is appreciated.
    I have lost nearly 5 stones with the use of MFP so it works. Keep going get up get out check out race at your own pace. Let me know how u doing. I intend to clock up 125 miles in December. What about u? I did 50miles the first time and my dog came with me. He comes now and again and it’s great. Good luck everyone
    Linda
  • Maryselina
    Maryselina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone there?