6 Pounds by May 22nd - I can do it!

Options
Okay, I have a big party coming up & I really want to get the weight off. my weight fluctuates between 128 and 131. Right now it is at the latter, but I feel healthiest at 125 which is my goal weight. The older I get the harder it is to get the weight off. I stay active - yesterday, I was on the exercise bike for 40 minutes, walked 3.5 miles and kayaked for 2 hours. Today, I am up 2 pounds! Please help me reach my goal.

Replies

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    6 lbs in 2 months is pretty aggressive and may not be the best plan.

Just plug your stats into MFP and eat what it tells you. Calories in/calories out, there is no special secret. You just have to be consistent and it helps to weigh/measure your food. Also be wary of overestimating your exercise calories - lots of people only “eat back” 50-75% of exercise calories to leave room for that margin of error.

You didn’t really gain 2 lbs overnight. This is part of normal body fluctuation. Get yourself a weight trending app (Happy Scale for iPhone, Libra for android) and start using it.
  • gutsnglory6
    gutsnglory6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I agree with @bribucks that the best route is to log, and be careful about eating too many of your exercise calories back (I personally find it works best when I up my activity level, but don’t track exercise calories at all).
    6 pounds by May 22 (8ish weeks from now) isn’t impossible. I also find that when I’m up a few pounds, it’s easy to get back to my “normal” and then the hard work begins. So if you’ve been hovering around 128, getting to 128 might be fairly quick, but those last three pounds much slower (this is just my experience).
    Good luck!
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for about the same amount - except I'm 148 now - good luck!