Weight loss progress

Options
Let’s keep ourselves accountable! Post your starting weight/current weight/goal weights here!

Replies

• kerrimiller2018
    kerrimiller2018 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    SW: To be determined. Yep, I haven’t weighed myself at home in so long my scale no longer works. I have a new one coming from Amazon so I should find out in a couple of days. I’m guessing I’m around 190 as I was 185 when I last went to the doctor but it has been a long winter... :#
    CW: to be determined
    GW: Under 140 so I’m solidly in the healthy weight range for my height (5’ 2”)
  • OBXbrit
    OBXbrit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Starting weight - 160.4
    Now - 156
    I would like to be 120 - that was my steady weight for decades and I functioned well.
  • August2444
    August2444 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    SW: 63kg
    CW: 58.2kg
    GW: 53kg
    I am 5'2
  • OBXbrit
    Options
    @kerrimiller2018, looks like you, @August2444 and I are the only ones going to confess...lol!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I'll do it. Need to be accountable.

Starting weight on MFP: 178 lb
    Current weight: 155.2 lb
    Goal weight: 145 lb

I've been battling this last 10 pounds for the past 2 years. I got down to 149 last October, but crept back up again. Not sure if I'll ever get to goal without some serious deprivation, but I keep my eye on the prize!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    @OBXbrit - I was in the 120's when I was much younger and held that for a long time, too. When I hit middle-age I started to gain about 10 lbs a year. While I still want to be a little smaller I don't think I'll ever be that weight again and not sure I want to anymore.
  • OBXbrit
    Options
    @RaeBeeBaby, I was 120 through my 20's, 30's, and after 45...well at 48 I became a grandmother, caring for the baby while my daughter worked the corporate ladder....lol! Then I was hit with menopause, hormone related migraines and then my husbands health started to crumble and I started caring for my mom, who was suffering with her first bout with cancer.
    I looked in the mirror at the beginning of 2018 and I didn't like what was looking back. I looked tired all the time, I'd quit wearing any makeup, I was 173 pounds on a small 5'1" frame wearing an oversized T-shirt and baggy sweats. So, 120 might be a pipe dream, might be that in my head that number is sssocisted with a simpler, tranquil time that I remember fondly. I'm going to shoot for it, I may find its not possible - I might find out I'm happy at 135 or 140! But one thing for sure - I wasn't happy at 173.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    OBXbrit wrote: »
    @RaeBeeBaby, I was 120 through my 20's, 30's, and after 45...well at 48 I became a grandmother, caring for the baby while my daughter worked the corporate ladder....lol! Then I was hit with menopause, hormone related migraines and then my husbands health started to crumble and I started caring for my mom, who was suffering with her first bout with cancer.
    I looked in the mirror at the beginning of 2018 and I didn't like what was looking back. I looked tired all the time, I'd quit wearing any makeup, I was 173 pounds on a small 5'1" frame wearing an oversized T-shirt and baggy sweats. So, 120 might be a pipe dream, might be that in my head that number is sssocisted with a simpler, tranquil time that I remember fondly. I'm going to shoot for it, I may find its not possible - I might find out I'm happy at 135 or 140! But one thing for sure - I wasn't happy at 173.

It's sad, but true that menopause and all those changes that come in middle-age sure wreak havoc with our self-esteem. I hit that point of not liking what was looking back at me in the mirror a couple years ago. I'm a bit taller at 5'4" but I sure didn't like what 178 looked or felt like! I'm sure I actually weighed more than that but I didn't get on the scale until I'd dropped a few pounds already. I just didn't want to see the number. :confounded: Then I found MFP and that's when I weighed for my starting point.

I'm also a grandmother and I'm currently caring my for youngest granddaughter once or twice a week. That's plenty since I'm also driving nearly at hour each way to their house. Comfort clothes and no make-up is the norm for me most days since I retired. Funny how I used to wear make-up every day to work but now it just seems like extra trouble, LOL!
  • OBXbrit
    Options
    @RaeBeeBaby, you and I seem to have a few things in common. That's a long drive after along day - and grandbabies, no matter how precious, can wear you down.
    I don't want to be 20 or 30 something again - no!
    I don't to turn back time, I just want to be physically capable. Not to run marathons or rock climb - just so I can do what I need and want to do for as long as possible.
    My kids will tell you I'm not too concerning about
    appearances - my daughter will ask, "is that what you're wearing, Mom?" She'll fiddle with my hair...lol! I'm all about comfort - and now I'm on a mission to be comfortably healthy.
  • kerrimiller2018
    Options
    SW: To be determined. Yep, I haven’t weighed myself at home in so long my scale no longer works. I have a new one coming from Amazon so I should find out in a couple of days. I’m guessing I’m around 190 as I was 185 when I last went to the doctor but it has been a long winter... :#
    CW: to be determined
    GW: Under 140 so I’m solidly in the healthy weight range for my height (5’ 2”)

Woohoo! My scale arrived today so I finally have a starting point and it’s better than I thought it would be but I still have quite a bit of work to do...
    SW: 177.7
    CW: 177.7
    GW: 140
  • OBXbrit
    Options
    @kerrimiller2018 - nice to know you're starting off on a high note!
  • makinemjellis
    makinemjellis Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    SW: 167
    CW: 165
    GW: 150 (?)
    Height: 5'7"

I've only just started counting calories (about 2 weeks of it) and I've ordered a food scale that should help a lot. I've set my goal weight for 150, but depending on how I look/feel once I reach it, I might drop it another 10 lbs.
  • OBXbrit
    Options
    @jellis432 I have a foodscale that I used religiously for a time, it taught me how to know by looking how much I was eating. Now I can pretty much "eyeball it" and get it very close - but I still use it two or three times a week, keeps me honest. It's easy to add on another spoonful, another dollop without being aware.
  • kerrimiller2018
    Options
    @jellis432 @OBXbrit I’ve been using a food scale a lot over the past few weeks and it definitely puts things in to perspective. It makes it a lot easier for me to see where/what I can cut back on to keep within my calorie limits. I don’t weigh everything I eat, although I probably should!
  • OBXbrit
    Options
    I'm going to weigh in the morning but I figure it'll be exactly the same as it's been for a week. I'm stuck, not loosing an ounce at this particular time.
    How often and when do you girls weigh yourselves?
  • kerrimiller2018
    Options
    @OBXbrit I weigh myself daily but I am only recording my weight on Wednesday’s. I know some people don’t recommend weighing yourself daily because it’s normal for weight to fluctuate but I use it as a motivator. If I weigh more than I did the day before I am much more likely to stay within my calorie limit for the day.
  • OBXbrit
    Options
    @kerrimiller2018 I can see where that might motivate someone, or totally wreck your day - depending on your disposition. I've been weighing every couple of days - and this morning like the past several mornings I see the same number staring back. Just going to keep my head down and soldier through.
    I read at sometime, somewhere that your morning weight is your true weight....thoughts on this?
  • OBXbrit
    Options
    Been busy - I imagine the rest of you gardeners have been as well. On the weight loss front I am doing ok. At present I'm in another slump.. seems I loose a couple of pounds then I idle for a time. Lol!! Impatient as I am I'm thankful that I've not gained any of the weight back! Since January, and through a couple of different dieting programs, I've lost 22 pounds. Counting calories and logging my food and exercise on MFP has helped me more than anything I've tried before. Hope each of you are healthy and succeeding!