MFP Paid vs Free for Diabetes Management

Options
Yadagoy
Yadagoy Posts: 39 Member
Do you find that the MFP paid version is better for diabetes management or not? Opinions please. Thanks.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Embarrassingly, I am not even sure what differences there are that could be a plus. It could be that I am missing out.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I think Cronometer is a bigger bang for the $$, since it tracks many more nutrients and has generally more reliable food content information.
  • sarahtrust
    sarahtrust Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am trying premium, more information available for tracking, think it is worth the extra cost
  • amyfrogred
    amyfrogred Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    sarahtrust wrote: »
    I am trying premium, more information available for tracking, think it is worth the extra cost

Let me know how you like it. I don't have it... I'm too cheap. Lol
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    amyfrogred wrote: »

Let me know how you like it. I don't have it... I'm too cheap. Lol

For some of us doing the cost-vs-benefit analysis, that cost thing gets weighted pretty heavily.

• sunburstaz
    sunburstaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group, just checking out the differences between this site and Sparkpeople.com to see if I want to switch to MFP.

Sparkpeople.com is free, and they have diabetes management programs - for pre-diabetes, Type I and Type II - that lets you track carbs per meal, and even breaks down the amount of carbs, protein, fat, you should have at each meal & snack. It also lets you track your blood glucose levels. It follows the recommendations of the American Diabetes Association.

It's free - they have a Premium version of Sparkpeople as well, but I didn't find it useful. It's worth looking into.
  • sarahtrust
    sarahtrust Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried chronometer?
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just tried chronometer. I liked it but have used MFP for a long time and think I will stick with it since my "stuff" is logged here. There are lots of instructional videos on how to use it. If I'd started with that I might have stuck with it.