Low Carb friends

37lbs_to_go
37lbs_to_go Posts: 61 Member
I'd like to add some active Low Carb users to my MFP friend base. All my current MFP friends are people I know in real life or were added years ago when I began loosing weight with MFP.

Currently doing Keto and plan to stick with it at least through July then reevaluate.

5'4" and currently weight 155, size 10-12. In 2006 I weighed in the 190's before I stopped weighing myself. Since then I've had many ups and downs as I slowly work my way towards my ultimate goal of a size 6 (130lbs). I feel it's very attainable but who knows when I'll get there.

I find inspiration everywhere. Those just starting, those in the trenches, and those maintaining. Add me if you'd like a positive supportive low carb person in your inner circle.

Replies

• bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Add me! I would love to have more friends here.
  • mwillder1
    mwillder1 Posts: 24 Member
    Ditto--been doing LCHF for 6 months now, and it's been amazing.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Bumping up the list. :smile:
  • aluhsin
    aluhsin Posts: 46 Member
    Feel free to add me! Love having low carb friends!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Feel free to add me as well!
  • aupston
    aupston Posts: 44 Member
    I am a low carber!!!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Feel free to add...(nocturnal)
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    You can add me! Pretty new to low-carbing could use friends!
  • purplelilac1
    purplelilac1 Posts: 6 Member
    You can add me too. I am new and learning but enjoying my low carb meals and feeling satisfied.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Feel free to add me if you like. I log pretty regularly (nix the last two days - uber busy), my diary is open and i eat weird stuff. To quote Forest Gump's mama - Ya never know what you're gonna get.
  • 37lbs_to_go
    Thank you! I believe I have friended or been friended by everyone that has posted so far. Looking forward to supporting you all on our low carb journey. :)
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    I started with similar stats, OP--I'm a bit under 5'4 and weighed 153 on January 1. I've been so happy with how keto is working for me! I've sent you a friend request, and if anyone else on the thread feels like adding me go for it. :)
  • 37lbs_to_go
    AnvilTime wrote: »
    Add away! I started LCHF in August of 2017 and have dropped 90 pounds, gotten off of 5 meds, and all blood work is in the very good range now.

That's amazing and inspiring! Well done friend. Any advice after 6 months in the trenches? Is your family supportive or on the diet as well?
  • 37lbs_to_go
    I started with similar stats, OP--I'm a bit under 5'4 and weighed 153 on January 1. I've been so happy with how keto is working for me! I've sent you a friend request, and if anyone else on the thread feels like adding me go for it. :)

Nice :) How have you been feeling so far?
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Since I'm new to this! What are the best low carb foods to eat (besides fruit and veggies) I know about those.

Haven't been eating rice or pasta, trying to limit beans and hopefully stop completely one day soon. What else is low carb that I can eat in place of beans and rice? That is not a SOY product can't have it because of bad thyroid. Any suggestions on what I could eat?Would be much appreciated,and right now I'm fluctuating between 20% and 40% carbs most days it's below 20%, would like to stay between 20 % to 30% at least for now.

Weght is 272.4 lbs and 6ft tall. Diabetic! Not on any meds at this time, been able to keep it under control with diet. Thank you.
  • heatherrk45
    heatherrk45 Posts: 27 Member
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm pretty familiar with low carb as I've done it years ago, but trying Keto this time around. I have quite a bit to lose and I'm on Day ONE...lol.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    @freespirit6315 Check out the Diet Doctor site, it gives lots of information and also recipes and food to avoid. I'm not sure what you think you know about fruit and vegetables but you may find you are wrong, so check it out. There are so many things to eat and enjoy and many sources of information and recipes so just have a look. My advice would also be eat real foods, I mean not processed and try to avoid artificial sweeteners and low carb/Keto treats as they can have the effect of continuing any sweet cravings you may have. Also keep your salts etc up. Good luck.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    Anyone is welcome to add me. I have been doing the keto thing since October of 2016.
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Me me, add me!