4 weeks OMAD update!

Options
pdxhak
pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
I used to IF 16:8 but stopped for reasons I do not recall. I have been ketoish (eat more protein) for 2 years and maintain that diet still. I have worked out steadily the last 2 years and have been fairly consistent with the diet.

I wanted to try OMAD just to see how the body would respond and surprisingly not any different. To be honest I should not have been surprised :) My only struggle (minor) is 7pm-9pm when I want to eat something sweet but so far have been able to get through without breaking the fast.

Over the last 2 years the vast majority of workouts have been fasted and doing so now is not any different. I do not lack energy and performance has not been impacted. In fact over the last 4 weeks I have gotten stronger and so far have not run into issues with progressing with the current split. However to be fair about 6 weeks ago I created a new split to reduce the number of exercises and to promote more rest specifically for recovery. I have 3 Spartan Races in 2018 (first race is in 6 weeks) so everything is geared towards getting ready for the upcoming races.

If anyone is interested why I started this journey, here is the background thread and 6 month update: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10412839/i-had-no-idea-how-much-weight-i-gained/p1

1 yr update: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10515161/1-year-update

2 yr update post: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/41027645#Comment_41027645

Replies

• Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great job overall, you really have come a long way and look incredibly fit.
    You say after 4 weeks on OMAD that you don't see any different response from your body, just curious then do you have any other likes or dislikes about OMAD?
    Will you continue?
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You've done great!!! I am wondering how much more you have to lose till you reach your goal and if you plan to keep doing OMAD?
  • pdxhak
    Options
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    Great job overall, you really have come a long way and look incredibly fit.
    You say after 4 weeks on OMAD that you don't see any different response from your body, just curious then do you have any other likes or dislikes about OMAD?
    Will you continue?

@Jim_fbr - First off, thank you!

I am enjoying OMAD and not looking to change anytime soon. I really like eating once per day and how it frees up time for anything else I want to do. There will be days when I eat more than once, like race days. The length of the courses are 8+ miles, 13+ miles and 3+ miles.

Dislikes: Other than the 7pm-9pm period nothing really.
  • pdxhak
    Options
    Excellent progress!

Thank you!
  • pdxhak
    Options
    You've done great!!! I am wondering how much more you have to lose till you reach your goal and if you plan to keep doing OMAD?

Thank you! I need to lose another 7 lbs to reach my goal weight, which would be 70 lbs. I will reassess if I ever get there :) I have been fighting awhile for the last 10 lbs and gave up and went to maintenance for a few months to give myself a mental break. I am full on now and OMAD has helped me to get to an all time low :) I am not looking to move away from OMAD anytime soon.

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You have made a lot of progress! How tall are you and how much do you weigh now?
  • pdxhak
    Options
    Thanks! I'm 5'7" and currently weigh 162 lbs.
  • blambo61
    Options
    pdxhak wrote: »

You look like you have a fair amount of muscle. Keep up the good work! I'm 6' 1/2 ". I'm 194 now but would like to get to about 180 or so. I really would like to get to 7-10% body fat with some muscle on me. Hopefully this year or next.
  • pdxhak
    edited March 2018
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »

You look like you have a fair amount of muscle. Keep up the good work!

Thank you!
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I'm 6' 1/2 ". I'm 194 now but would like to get to about 180 or so. I really would like to get to 7-10% body fat with some muscle on me. Hopefully this year or next.

That is a good goal. Just keep grinding and you will get there!
  • pdxhak
    Options
    Too bad I cannot change the thread title. Maybe I should start a new one?

Anyway, hit my goal weight :) And then changed it to another 10 lbs. Need to keep grinding.

r8g2z534pgse.jpg
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You can see if one of the group moderators can change it for you. Brenda was able to change my thread title.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Too bad I cannot change the thread title. Maybe I should start a new one?

Anyway, hit my goal weight :) And then changed it to another 10 lbs. Need to keep grinding.

r8g2z534pgse.jpg

Congrats on reaching your first goal :)
    What would you like your new title to say?
  • blambo61
    Options
    Very nice on 70 down!