Winter 2018 - FINAL WEIGH-IN (#12) - Monday, March 26th

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We made it to the finish line!!!! It’s been my pleasure to serve as your leader. I hope everyone continues to do great things.

Week 12 —

Start Weight:
Challenge Goal Weight:
Weigh-in #1:
Weigh-in #2:
Weigh-in #3:
Weigh-in #4:
Weigh-in #5:
Weigh-in #6:
Weigh-in #7:
Weigh-in #8:
Weigh-in #9:
Weigh-in #10:
Weigh-in #11:
Weigh-in #12:

Please share your final thoughts.

Replies

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Start Weight:200.8
    Challenge Goal Weight:190
    Weigh-in #1:201.8
    Weigh-in #2:199.6
    Weigh-in #3:201.6
    Weigh-in #4:202.6
    Weigh-in #5: 200.0
    Weigh-in #6: 201.8
    Weigh-in #7: 198.4
    Weigh-in #8: 196.6
    Weigh-in #9: 195.0
    Weight-in #10: 193.6
    Weigh in #11: 195.0
    Weigh-in #12: 195

While I did not meet my goal, I am on my way. I am so grateful for this group to keep accountable to. I learned a lot about myself and now feel like I can keep going. My surgery put me behind schedule, but I am more motivated than ever because it is removing one obstacle for me to be able to exercise more now. Thank you!

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Challenge Goal Weight: Maintenance goal range of 108-113.

Weigh-in #1: 110.2 (109.6 trending)
    Weigh-in #2: 110.8 (109.9 trending)
    Weigh-in #3: 110.2 (110.0 trending)
    Weigh-in #4: 110.0 (110.2 trending)
    Weigh-in #5: 111.0 (110.3 trending)
    Weigh-in #6: 110.6 (110.6 trending)
    Weigh-in #7: 110.0 (110.5 trending)
    Weigh-in #8: 109.4 (110.2 trending)
    Weigh-in #9: 111.2 (110.8 trending)
    Weigh-in #10: 110.0 (110.6 trending)
    Weigh-in #11: 110.8 (110.7 trending)
    Weigh-in #12: 111.2 (110.8 trending)
    Weekly Total: +0.4 (+0.1 trending)
    Overall Total: +1.2 trending

All in all, I gained weight this challenge, but still stayed well within my maintenance range. Being perfectly honest, I don’t think any/much of it was actual fat gain. I’m just so “backed up” in my intenstines :s

I’d like to think that at least some of it is muscle too - I have been sticking with my lifting program and progressing in weight ... plus I see more muscle and definition when I look in the mirror! I may take a progress picture when I get home tonight to update you all with a before/after.
  • nvasquez41
    nvasquez41 Posts: 59 Member
    Start Weight: 140.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 133
    Weigh-in #1: 140.8
    Weigh-in #2: 139.8
    Weigh-in #3: 140.4
    Weigh-in #4: skip
    Weigh-in #5: 139.8
    Weigh-in #6: 139.4
    Weigh-in #7: 138.6
    Weigh-in #8: 138.2
    Weigh-in #9: 137.0
    Weigh-in#10: 137.6
    Weigh-in #11: 136.6
    Weigh-in #12: 135.8

I didn't meet my goal but I got close and I'm happy with the results. I have been stuck in the 140's for years and I'm glad I've moved past that. This group has been motivating and great for accountability.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 220.0
    Challenge Goal Weight: 202
    Weigh-in #1: 218.4
    Weigh-in #2: 215.8
    Weigh-in #3: 215.2
    Weigh-in #4: 214.0
    Weigh-in #5: 212.6
    Weigh-in #6: 211.0
    Weigh-in #7: 210.0
    Weigh-in #8: 211.0
    Weigh-in #9: -
    Weigh-in #10: 207.8
    Weigh-in #11: 207.0
    Weigh-in #12: 208.8
    Challenge Loss: -11.2

Comments: I've kind of fallen off the wagon the past few weeks. Work is still crazy and I've gotten out of all of my good routines. I'm trying not to feel too bad about it because I still lost 11 pounds in this challenge and I know this rut is just temporary. Hopefully in the next week or so I can turn things around, I'm in a wedding this July and am trying to use that as short term motivation.

Congrats to everyone on another great challenge!
  • for_my_tomorrow
    for_my_tomorrow Posts: 36 Member
    Start Weight: 146.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 128 (possibly to ambitious but will give it a go)
    Weigh-in #1: 143.26
    Weigh-in #2: vacation
    Weigh-in #3: vacation
    Weigh-in #4: 141.7
    Weigh-in #5: 140.8
    Weigh-in #6 : 140.6
    Weigh-in #7: 139.8
    Weigh-in #8:  139.5
    Weigh-in #9: 137.7
    Weigh-in #10: 138
    Weigh-in #11: 137. 5
    Weigh-in #12: 135

Although I didn't reach my challenge goal, I thought it was a bit too ambitious, but, I have lost 11.6lbs over the 12 weighs in, and down 7.92% body weight. I am under what I initially wanted my overall goal weight to be, so decided to aim for 128lbs. I haven't been this weight since I was 13, so that blows my mind. Now that the weather will be warming up I am looking forward to reaching my ultimate goal. Thank you to everyone for being supportive, this group has been invaluable
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 133.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 129
    Wk 1: 133.6
    Wk 2: 131.4
    Wk 3. 131.6
    Wk 4: 131.6
    Wk 5: 132.7
    Wk 6: 133.1
    Wk 7: vacation
    Wk 8: 136
    Wk 9: 134.8
    Wk 10: 133
    Wk 11: 132.4
    Wk 12: 132.4
    Total loss 1.2 lbs

I’m psyched I lost even a little bit over the winter! Thanks ladies for all the support and inspiration. I’m looking forward to warmer weather, moving around outside more, and naturally eating a little less. I may be a little slow but I’m confident I’m heading in the right direction.
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Week 12 —

Start Weight: 187.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 167

Weigh-in #12: 174.6

Please share your final thoughts:
    I was a little ambitious with my goal for this session. Still, even though there were some deviations from my plan, I lost 12.6 pounds (a pound a week) and 8.25 inches. Spring is my best time for dieting with warmer weather and more fresh local veggies starting. Thanks to everyone in the group for their great support! I'm looking forward to the next session and even more remote camaraderie! Have a wonderful Easter and don't eat too many chocolate bunnies!! "See" you all on April 2! -- Carol
  • bribucks
    edited March 2018
    bribucks wrote: »
    I’d like to think that at least some of it is muscle too - I have been sticking with my lifting program and progressing in weight ... plus I see more muscle and definition when I look in the mirror! I may take a progress picture when I get home tonight to update you all with a before/after.

Please ignore my currently bloated/distended tummy and instead focus on the muscle definition I’ve gained! (PS I didn’t get tanner - just the *kitten* lighting in my room. Still as pasty as ever.)

q1jrwj4mr6v6.jpeg
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Start Weight: 152lb
    Challenge Goal Weight: 140-144
    Weigh-in #1: 149
    Weigh-in #2: 146
    Weigh-in #3: 147 / 66.8kg
    Weigh-in #4: 145 / 65.9kg
    Weigh-in #5: 143 / 65.2kg
    Weigh-in #6: 144 / 65.7kg
    Weigh-in #7: 143 / 65.1kg
    Weigh-in #8: 143 / 65.0kg
    Weigh-in #9: 142 / 64.6kg
    Weigh-in #10: 141 / 64.3kg
    Weigh-in #11: 140
    Weigh-in #12: 142
    Total loss: 10lb

I've had a *kitten* week. Child has been ill and we've been running around with doctors appointments etc. I've not been able to get my usually activity in, the the inlaws came up to help with the childcare and I haven't been as 'good' as I could have been. According to Fitbit I have been under maintenance every day. We got a Chinese takeaway one night, and I drank more wine than is normal (normal is none). I managed to go running at the weekend thanks to the childcare, and so was a bit sore on Monday (it's been a while). I didn't weight until today because I wanted to give my body time to get over the salty deliciousness of the Chinese food and the unaccustomed exercise, but still up 2lb as of today. I honestly can't see how it can be 2lb of fat unless that Chinese was many, many more calories than I estimated, but still annoying to see it on the scale.

Back to it for a couple of days before the family descend for Easter... then back on it properly afterwards.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member

Please ignore my currently bloated/distended tummy and instead focus on the muscle definition I’ve gained! (PS I didn’t get tanner - just the *kitten* lighting in my room. Still as pasty as ever.)

q1jrwj4mr6v6.jpeg

YOU HAVE MADE TREMENDOUS PROGRESS!!! If you keep lifting for another 3-6 months you’ll start to look even better. Way to give your body some form!!!
  • bribucks
    edited March 2018

q1jrwj4mr6v6.jpeg

YOU HAVE MADE TREMENDOUS PROGRESS!!! If you keep lifting for another 3-6 months you’ll start to look even better. Way to give your body some form!!!

The funny thing is - I haven’t really been doing any “ab exercises.” People weren’t lying when they said complex moves are best for core! ;)
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2018
    Starting Weight: 181.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 174
    jan 7 week #1 183.8
    jan 15 week #2 - 180.2 (just started elimination diet phase 1)
    week #3 - 179.2
    week #4 -
    week #5 -
    week #6 - 178.4
    week #7 - 177.6
    week #8 - 176.2
    week #9 - 177.2
    week #10 -175.0
    week #11 - 174.0
    week #12 -172.4

Well, I shockingly made my goal weight this round which is, I can't believe. I was texting my friend the other day about how I've been doing with my eating, this diet and exercise. She replied back that's it's been really eye opening to hear how foods have been reacting when I've been reintroducing. She said it was great what I was learning and that she always wondering why I wasn't losing weight even though I ate pretty healthy. In a way, the weight has dropped effortlessly. While I've been working out, I'm in no way working out as intensely as I used to. While I haven't been logging my food here, I've been using another app called Show How You Eat to take photos of my meals. I've realized that's been a lot easier for me, but I enjoy this group here a lot! Anyway, I'm going to keep going with reintroducing foods. It's been challenging to say the least, but it's been worth it for me to feel better. While I was happy with my body before this, how I feel energy wise, etc., has been more important to me. The weight loss has been a nice side effect :) Looking forward to continuing and finishing this diet so I can fully know what foods I should avoid and what foods are OK! I have a summer theme park trip coming up! In the end, my relationship with my body and food has improved this year.

Overall, this group has been great in sharing our wins and challenges. While the goal for many is to lose weight, we learn a lot about ourselves in the process. Thanks for hosting this group for do long @SmithsonianEmpress!
  • bribucks
    @spdaphne Out of curiosity, what foods have you found so far that you react to?
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    @spdaphne Out of curiosity, what foods have you found so far that you react to?

I seem to get constipated with pork. I'm going to test eggs this weekend as I'm not sure if they make me tired. Dairy was iffy so I'm testing that today and tomorrow. I still need to do corn, but I suspect that's what's given me the worst reaction. I still have soy, gluten, wheat and nuts to try. It's kinda sad and interesting to see what foods do to my body. I think my body just can't process certain foods well. But honestly this does make me suspect how much my weight gain was tied to my body not being able to tolerate certain foods well. And how inflamed it must have been. But it's pushed me to eat better and learn to eat less processed food big time. I ate some potato chips that had only sweet potato, salt and coconut oil and it gave me gas big time. No more eating those! But I'm glad I'm figuring out.
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Week 12

Starting Weight: 162.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 155
    Week #1: 163.2
    Week #2: 161.0
    Week #3: 160.8
    Week #4: Vacation
    Week #5: 163.0 (vacation bloat)
    Week #6: 161.8
    Week #7: 161.4
    Week #8: 161.0
    Week #9: 159.8
    Week #10: 158.4
    Week #11: 157.8
    Week #12: 157.8

I'm just using the same weight cause I had to make an unexpected trip to see my kids. Oldest needed a face to face "come to Jesus" talk. (Both kids, adults, live eight hours away from us) I'm either truly the same or down a little more.

I didn't make my Challenge Goal Weight but I'm out of the 160's and have figured out my final weight goal. So, all in all good progress. This group means so much and I'm very grateful for you all.
This discussion has been closed.