Keto-Mojo

Options
Half_Bruin
Half_Bruin Posts: 56 Member
Anyone else using this Ketone meter as a measuring device? Just got mine today. Pumped about the ketone level but might look to adjust a little to bring it down a bit by adding some more protein.

Replies

• donharkrn
    donharkrn Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    No. But I've heard good things. I'm still peeing on sticks. Haha!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I've not. So long as I can be full (satiated) on my calories, I'm happy. It would be interesting but I have a bit of an aversion to anything uncomfortable which I perceive pricking my finger to be. :)
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    What is your purpose for using it? Measuring what?

• Half_Bruin
    Options
    @JodehFoster ketones
  • JodehFoster
    Options
    I guess I'm more curious as to what you are doing with the information.

Assuming you are trying to lose weight, which is what most people on this diet are doing, you can still easily over eat the calories your body uses but still have strong readings of being in ketosis (because your carbs are low). If you go over your calories you will gain weight, regardless of the type of diet you are on or your macro split.

Ketosis does not necessarily equal weightloss. It does show that you are burning fat for fuel, just don't count on it to be the determining factor to weightloss. Your calorie limit is much more important.

Although, ketosticks and these meters are a bit of a novelty when first starting out.
  • JodehFoster
    Options
    MMDxk.gif
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Using outside motivators is the only reason I've been so successful so far. Sadly, my internal motivators aren't currently up to par. I say, "if it works for you then go for it."
    I also love tracking weight, foods, cals, macros, miles, steps, belt holes, measurements, dress sizes, etc... All The Stats!!!
    I also give myself a non food reward every three pounds down. That keeps me vested in walking away from temptation most times!
    Anything that helps keep me focused and in the game works for me.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have a blood glucose / ketone meter as well, and I just like testing....I like to see ketone vs glucose levels....impacts of foods on both, impact of one on the other. Some of us are just a bit geeky. :smile:
  • TheMerryMermaid
    TheMerryMermaid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Using outside motivators is the only reason I've been so successful so far. Sadly, my internal motivators aren't currently up to par. I say, "if it works for you then go for it."
    I also love tracking weight, foods, cals, macros, miles, steps, belt holes, measurements, dress sizes, etc... All The Stats!!!
    I also give myself a non food reward every three pounds down. That keeps me vested in walking away from temptation most times!
    Anything that helps keep me focused and in the game works for me.

I'd love to know what kind of rewards you give yourself. I read "The Movie Seat" blog here on MFP and she had a great list of her non-food rewards, including an orchid plant, new clothes, and eventually a weekend getaway. These types of things keep me motivated. I can relate to the belt hole as a real motivator!!

• Half_Bruin
    Options
    l3epk5jtj2ru.jpeg

This was my reward for 25 lbs
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Ooooooh enjoy!!
    I LOVE my Fitbit!! It's so motivating!!