Need something now Snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    It's not really a "need something now!" snack, but an "I'm bored and want to munch something and I'm not actually hungry" snack.
    Seaweed... Seasnax Toast Onion Seaweed. Delicious, crunchy and salty... only 50 calories for the entire bag, and less than 1g carbs. It's my snack for when I'm eating for reasons other than hunger. (Which I'm better now at not doing, but am human so... may as well have a strategy!)
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Seaweed... Seasnax Toast Onion Seaweed. Delicious, crunchy and salty... only 50 calories for the entire bag, and less than 1g carbs. It

I need to look into this! Crunchy and Salty are my two most very favorite things ever and I've not yet found something that does for me what chips and crackers used to. (I swear I'm the only low carb person who hates parmesan crisps. barf-ola)

I can't wait to try them!

• bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    costco macadamia nuts portioned into 1/4 c bags. The fat is filling. The salt makes you want more water.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    bozmo wrote: »
    costco macadamia nuts portioned into 1/4 c bags. The fat is filling. The salt makes you want more water.

I ate 1/2 lb of unsalted raw macadamias the other day. In one go. The fat is NOT filling enough to offset the flavour, lol. I could never eat 1/2 lb of butter at one time, what is it about macadamias??? :o
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    bozmo wrote: »

I ate 1/2 lb of unsalted raw macadamias the other day. In one go. The fat is NOT filling enough to offset the flavour, lol. I could never eat 1/2 lb of butter at one time, what is it about macadamias??? :o

yep - if I don't portion them I will eat a ton of them then feel really full. they are addicting, delicious, and low carb :)
  • alhannah17
    alhannah17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese (especially with a few cherry tomatoes and S&P), a single laughing cow wedge spread over a few NutThin crackers, cucumber & red bell pepper slices with some Greek yogurt ranch dip, a tuna packet, Marcona almonds (way yummier than regular almonds, and you can find a good deal at Costco on them from time to time), and last but not least... a HUGE bottle of water. Usually if I am feeling snack-ey, if I chug some water I realize I was much more dehydrated than hungry!
  • alhannah17
    alhannah17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if I crave something sweet, some berries tossed with a bit of whipped cream and a bit of Greek yogurt is awesome!
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Cello Whisps Parmesan Cheese Crisps are my favorite crunchy snack at the moment (Found them at Costco). Other than that I will have a low carb protein bar now and then, you just need to find the ones that are lower in carbs vs energy bars that typically have a lot of carbs.
  • butterfountain
    butterfountain Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can't do hard boiled eggs because I eat 2-3 eggs for breakfast everyday. I try not to do nuts a lot, because I eat too many-so many. I love Atkins endulge chocolate/coconut bars, sea salt and caramel Kind bars, string cheese, and premier protein banana flavor shakes. Whisps and moon cheese, sometimes I love them and sometimes I don't- taste differs day to day. Weird. That said, I hate snacking- I like to eat enough at meals to get me through, though I'm still looking for something at 10 and 3. I just made coconut butter for those fat bombs someone mentioned, but haven't had time to make them yet... can't wait! The avocado in the car idea is awesome...I'm going to start hording mustard packets!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I forgot I had Paldo roasted seaweed in my cupboard and found it last night before patrol shift. I took a packet of that and it totally solved my salty chip craving and kept me out of 7-11. One packet is 30 cal, 2.5 g fat, 2g carb with 2g fibre (net 0), and 4 g protein. I have 6 more packets waiting in the wings so that should help me stay away from my nemesis for the next while.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My favorite snacks are cottage cheese wrapped in sliced leg ham and cream cheese and chives on pork crackles. If I don't have time for those, then a fistfull of walnuts or a small protein bar will get the snack done.
  • ccol4him
    ccol4him Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil fat bombs.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I really want to try some blue cheese stuffed black olives.....Have the blue cheese....Just need to get me some olives some day.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »
    I really want to try some blue cheese stuffed black olives.....Have the blue cheese....Just need to get me some olives some day.

I love blue cheese in green olives mainly because of the rich saltiness, never thought about black olives with blue cheese, but they do pair so well with feta, so why not? Yum
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yes...I read about it somewhere and I don't really like green olives, but I love black olives and I love blue cheese.....so I think that's a winner combo for me! :)
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    avocados. most carbs are fiber, so low "net carb". no prep, but not as easy to eat "on the go".
    my usual quick snacks are cheese, nuts, olives. you can't eat too much but just a few ounces of high fat snack are enough to keep me happy for a couple hours.
  • thelettermegan
    thelettermegan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Almonds!
  • canadjineh
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I just bought a couple of Crickstart protein bars at Bulk Barn. High in B12, iron, & magnesium. Gluten and dairy free. 14 g fat, 13 net carbs, 12 g protein, 250 cals. Contains 40 Canadian farmed crickets in every bar. The cinnamon & cardamom one is yummy. I'll test the chili chocolate one tomorrow. www.crickstart.ca for more info.
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just bought a couple of Crickstart protein bars at Bulk Barn. High in B12, iron, & magnesium. Gluten and dairy free. 14 g fat, 13 net carbs, 12 g protein, 250 cals. Contains 40 Canadian farmed crickets in every bar. The cinnamon & cardamom one is yummy. I'll test the chili chocolate one tomorrow. www.crickstart.ca for more info.

Wow, I’m so interested in trying these now! Gonna buy the 3 sampler pack and try all the flavors, this is awesome! Thank you!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    DarianJP wrote: »

Wow, I’m so interested in trying these now! Gonna buy the 3 sampler pack and try all the flavors, this is awesome! Thank you!

Chili Chocolate was even better! I do like the different flavours they make, I am tired of bars that feature supersweet flavours like 'birthday cake' etc. They have free shipping over $40 and I'd like to try the cracker (cricker? lol) chips too in olive and rosemary (since I loooove the scent of the Triscuit rosemary olive crackers my hubby eats).
    I think I will order a sampler pack of chips and bars combined.