Spring Group

Options
cxwhit3
cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
Hi All,
I'm Carol White and I will be taking over as the leader for the Spring 2018 - ReNewU group. Jessica will be opening the group to new members this week. The challenge session will run April 2 - June 24 and operate the same as in the previous sessions.

Brief introduction -
This will be my second challenge session. I'm a 58 year old mom and grandma, living in Idaho. I work as an accountant, so lots of time sitting and struggle with exercise! YIkes, no wonder the pounds have crept on over the years. I've been an inconsistent dieter so the accountability provided by this group is great! I was a little over ambitious with my first challenge session, but am ready to hit the ground running, um walking on April 2. Let's make this a great session for all of us!

Carol

Replies

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Glad someone stepped up to take over the group!
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    So glad this group is continuing! I'll definitely be joining, thanks for being our new leader!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I love this group! I'm an accountant too, sitting ALL day. I'm so excited to keep going!
  • cxwhit3
    Options
    @bribucks How is your tummy? Keep looking for the answers!

@mebelfanti You are looking so good! Seeing the changes must make you very proud. Keep up the good work!

@leonadixon I'm so up for spring! Once I get past April 15, my summer schedule takes over and the stress goes way down! Also, my main spring exercise is getting my garden going!!
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you for stepping up! I've found the accountability since January really helpful, and will be sticking around for spring!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Carol! I will also be joining.

I lost 30 lbs in 2015 and was maintaining reasonably well but I felt that my weight was creeping up. I don’t have much to lose - but being part of the winter challenge really kickstarted my logging after having become quite lazy over the past two years. the group keeps me mindful.

Thanks again.
  • nvasquez41
    nvasquez41 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join again, being a part of the group was fun and made me feel motivated. As I get closer to my goal weight I know I have to be more disciplined and I think this group is helpful for that. Thank you for running another session.
  • kathyhull58
    kathyhull58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this!
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    So happy this group is continuing! Thanks for leading it!
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Is there a thread that explains what the challenges are or are these posted as we go along? Just curious, this is my first group
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm also new and keen to join! :-)
  • cxwhit3
    Options
    shroodle88 wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm also new and keen to join! :-)

Welcome. Our first weigh in is tomorrow.
  • cxwhit3
    Options
    Is there a thread that explains what the challenges are or are these posted as we go along? Just curious, this is my first group

Hi Alicia, yes, challenges and discussions will be added as we go. I will be posting on Mondays any new challenge for the week as well as discussion topics. Everyone in the group is helpful and encouraging, so welcome aboard! To respond to a post, click on the “quote “ and then scroll down to the bottom of your screen and add your response.
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking up the reins. I've been dealing with some family "fires" so I didn't even see Jessica's post until today! I would very much like to continue with y'all. :smile:

• cxwhit3
    Options
    Thank you for taking up the reins. I've been dealing with some family "fires" so I didn't even see Jessica's post until today! I would very much like to continue with y'all. :smile:

I kind of started to lose my mojo toward the end of last session. I’m hoping this will keep me double accountable ;)
This discussion has been closed.