Tell me about Sushi

Options
LogR4Life
LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
Hi! I am new to/transitioning to a PB lifestyle for the health of it. I am still learning the ins and outs and basically at this point am introducing more and more PB foods and eating less and less meat and dairy. I have made some other positive changes such as cutting out as much processed food as I can, eliminating artificial sweeteners, and reducing sugar. I have a long way to go but am feeling great about the changes I've made thus far! My question is about sushi -- not the ones with fish but the all-vegetable varieties. Is sushi an acceptable food?

Replies

• Orione2
    Orione2 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm new to plant based too. Things seem to be a bit slow on this group, I've only joined to find a few people doing the same approach.
    I would have thought that a whole food sushi is fine. Brown rice and veggies wraps in nori has to be good for you!
  • werewolvesinspace
    werewolvesinspace Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LogR4Life wrote: »
    Hi! I am new to/transitioning to a PB lifestyle for the health of it. I am still learning the ins and outs and basically at this point am introducing more and more PB foods and eating less and less meat and dairy. I have made some other positive changes such as cutting out as much processed food as I can, eliminating artificial sweeteners, and reducing sugar. I have a long way to go but am feeling great about the changes I've made thus far! My question is about sushi -- not the ones with fish but the all-vegetable varieties. Is sushi an acceptable food?

Do you plan to buy or make your own?

Be careful with the sushi rice. It’s typical mixed with rice wine vinegar to get that classic flavor, which adds a small amount of sugar (not sure how much you are trying to cut, but rice vinegar doesn’t have a lot). Restaurant sushi is rarely, if ever, made with brown rice. I’ve only seen that at chain grocery stores.

Plant-based sushi sounds like it could be a good fit for your goals, though!