Looking for Pre-Op Friends hoping for surgery between June/July

Options
brendajean316
brendajean316 Posts: 30 Member
I love this Group for all of its experience, but sometimes I'd like to find the people that are in the same stage as I am - right now. I'd like to find and then follow each other's progress and do some active supporting as we go through it together. If you are one of those people, I'd love for you to friend me.

I am hoping to complete my approval process by June 1. I then need to plan and do a 2-week Robarb diet. With all that in mind, I'm hoping to schedule for June 30th. This way I can go out from work over the July 4th holiday and not be missed at work.

I have been so overwhelmed with doctor appointments this month. Cardio, Pulmonary, Nutrionist! And then the procedures - EDG, EKG, Echo, Lung Function test, etc.

The stress has been amazing! I am fighting that emotional beer! And I hate to cut beer from diet. BELIEVE ME!

So if you want to friend me, we'll get through this process together with some humor and support. I'm looking for a permanent life change - not a quick fix.

Brenda from Delaware <3:)<3

Replies

• mmary925
    mmary925 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I may have surgery too but I am not completely convinced yet
  • sskulltulaa
    sskulltulaa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! I JUST got off the phone because I want to start the process to get approved and I’m so scared I won’t even tho my BMIs over 50
  • Slimthickumz
    Slimthickumz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! We are in the same exact boat! I have my last nutritionist appointment on April 16th and after that I will get my date for my surgery. I still have a few lab tests that I have been dragging my feet on. My nutritionist said that usually after the last visit with her, patients get their surgery with in a month and a half. I am really excited to start my new journey!

Steven you really encouraged me because I was having doubts as to whether this decision was the right one.
  • RedDiamond37
    RedDiamond37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm Pre-op, looking at having my VSG sometime in July/August. Lots of appointments this month. I am excited though, definitely am ready for this.
  • brendajean316
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing! Steven, I find you inspirational as always! Mmary and sskulltulaa, I am over 60% BMI and I’ve not been asked to lose weight. So I wouldn’t let that stop you from looking into it. But I’m doing the lap band but also had the option of the sleeve. Only the balloon was definitely out because I weighed too much and I didn’t really want the bypass. Like Steven said, it’s definitely your own choice. I have had people really grill me about getting “just” the lap band but I feel hopeful I can be successful for me. I would be happy to just be a size 14.
  • SerendipityJami
    SerendipityJami Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am in pre opt phase hopu g to get surgery around June July too!
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I just went through the entire pre-op process and I am scheduled for the sleeve on 4/16. I start a modified liquid diet on Monday, but may be released from that if I hit the goal weight that my surgeon gave me when I started. I had to lose 5% of my weight which is only 12 months, and I lost 9 of the 12 in two months. I need to lose three more but I’ve been stuck at the same weight for a few weeks, it’s frustrating. I have three days on the liquid pre-op diet before my last check in with the surgeon. I am hoping that helps me lose those last three pounds, lol.

Starting weight: 241
    Current weight: 232
    Height:5’6
    BMI: 37
    Goal Weight: 160
  • Slimthickumz
    Slimthickumz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @StevenGarrigus Thank you so much, Steve! This gives me something to look forward to! I am sooo excited! Congratulations on your weight loss and thank you for being so open. How long after surgery can I go back to work?
  • brendajean316
    Options
    @Fit4LifeAR : My surgeon hasn't asked me to lose any weight - yet!! But I am only looking at the lapband, so maybe that's why. Stay strong with pre-op diet. I'm dreading it myself, but am inspired by seeing everyone go through it and make it!!