mlcase61
mlcase61 Posts: 46 Member
3 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup mct oil
3/4 cup swerve or stevia
2 Atkins protein shakes
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 well beaten eggs
Mix well and put in ice cream maker. You actually flavor your ice cream with the protein shakes. I’ve done vanilla, milk chocolate and cafe caramel.

Replies

• janette130
    janette130 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    how many servings?
  • Jcc2018
    Jcc2018 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    janette130 wrote: »
    how many servings?

8 servings= (Atkins Dk Choc Royale)
    434 calories
    22.2g carbs
    44.1g fats
    7.3g protein
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    raw eggs? I remember my grandmother used to make a custard base for her homemade ice cream, but the mixture would be cooked over the stove to thicken, then cooled for a while before putting in the ice cream maker.
  • janette130
    janette130 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thx!
  • itzcath
    itzcath Posts: 94 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I make dairy free, low calorie Ice cream all...the..darn...time and it's freeking wonderful!

First, before we begin let me tell you all coconut cream is NOT created equal. Earth's choice coconut cream is the absoulte BEST for ice cream with literally NO coconut aftertaste. It contains guar gum which makes ice cream extra rich and very, very creamy! I have tried several other brands of coconut cream and been sorely disappointed every stinking time so all I buy now is the Earth's choice. I can only find it at the health food store.

1 can Earth's choice organic coconut CREAM (shake and add entire can)
    3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    3 egg yolks (prevents crystallization)
    1/2 cup Swerve iceing sugar (powdered)
    1 tbsp vanilla

* To make a Wendy's chocolate frosty add 1/4 cup cocoa powder

* To make chocolate/hazelnut add 1/4 cup cocoa powder & replace the vanilla with 1 tbsp hazelnut bakers emulsion (bulk Barn)

*This recipe works with many flavors &/or added fruit.

Throw it all in a blender, then pour into your ice cream maker. (Yes you need an ice cream maker, buy one. You will thank me. No amount of stirring or whipping will ever replace it). This stuff is magnificent right out of the ice cream maker in about 20 minutes. It freezes Rock solid but thaws and gets just as creamy and delicious in about 20-30 minutes with stirring. The serving size is a serious 1.5 cup at ONLY 3 carbs! (Because seriously...who eats a measly 1/2 cup of ice cream!)

I buy the Rubbermaid containers and fill 6 of the 1.5 cuppers with this recipe.

I always have this in the freezer because I have a serious sweet tooth and pretty much need to feed that monster on a regular basis.

Enjoy your🍦
  • GrannyGoes4it
    GrannyGoes4it Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    know what you are talking about, I have a sweet fang not tooth. I have one of those little churns that you freeze the bottom part.Has this little dasher. No salt needed. Is that what you have or do you use a big one. Recipes sound good.