Yesterday my Fitbit didn't sync at all and I got no credit for my steps.

Options
Kst76
Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
nvm

Replies

• VeVeJustme
    VeVeJustme Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did your fitbit begin syncing again?

Because I'm having the same issue today
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    No, I tried to uninstall and reinstall and it synced once, then nothing. I guess there is already a thread about this. So we are not the only once. :)
  • VeVeJustme
    VeVeJustme Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried uninstall and reinstalling but it didn't sync at all.

Very annoying
  • alexib
    alexib Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm having this issue too
  • cltucker0
    cltucker0 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mine did the same thing. I got no credit for steps yesterday. I had to disconnect both devices and then reconnect to make it finally work. Very frustrating.
  • GSV3MiaC
    GSV3MiaC Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Except 2 days later and it still isn't fixed, at least not for me. They also broke something else - copying food items from any 'recent' page other than page 1 results in an error (web page version). From page 1, or from search box, works fine.
  • gracie6255
    gracie6255 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here-and I had over 12,000 steps Saturday! Didn't sit down until 10 pm and Fitbit showed I could have had over 1,000 calories left but MVP said I was 4-500 in the hole! Hope they are able to get those steps back whenever they fix whatever they need to fix from that maintenance. Does anybody know if this has anything to do with the hacking?
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    SAME HERE 2 DAYS NOW
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I also didnt get credit for steps yesterday!
    But today seems to be syncing fine, thankfully.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    GSV3MiaC wrote: »
    Except 2 days later and it still isn't fixed, at least not for me. They also broke something else - copying food items from any 'recent' page other than page 1 results in an error (web page version). From page 1, or from search box, works fine.

The article states that something wasn't right and will take a week to fix. Sync will be slow, as there is a backlog. Unlinking and relinking will only back things up more. It's very frustrating.
  • stetsonlikethehat
    stetsonlikethehat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did 15000 steps yesterday and 13000 today. And I'm not getting any credit. I get that they need to fix whatever it is, but still....2 days??
  • GSV3MiaC
    GSV3MiaC Posts: 22 Member
    Options

The article states that something wasn't right and will take a week to fix. Sync will be slow, as there is a backlog. Unlinking and relinking will only back things up more. It's very frustrating.

The article actually says " We have since identified an issue that will delay the completion of the maintenance until next week, in the mean time, we have resumed our processors, for sync to resume. "

I assumed 'we have resumed our processors' (and this was 2+ days ago) means something should have happened .. well "it hasn't", at least for me
  • sailorsgirl2001
    sailorsgirl2001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I looked back & mine hasn't synced since Thursday. So bummed because I had over 15,000 steps yesterday. I hope the issue is resolved soon.
  • Daylily430
    Daylily430 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit's last sync was Wednesday, so today begins Day 5.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

The article actually says " We have since identified an issue that will delay the completion of the maintenance until next week, in the mean time, we have resumed our processors, for sync to resume. "

I assumed 'we have resumed our processors' (and this was 2+ days ago) means something should have happened .. well "it hasn't", at least for me

Ditto.
  • glo923
    glo923 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ditto
  • stetsonlikethehat
    stetsonlikethehat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My last synch was on Friday. I've lost about 30K steps since then. Whoever broke the automatic synching probably needs to not work for MFP at this point. I get a 24 hour maintenance, annoying as it is. But at this point it's clear that whatever is broken is seriously F'd up and either no one knows how to fix it, or no one cares.

I'm about to start looking for a different app to track calories. And I pay for MFP...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    My last synch was on Friday. I've lost about 30K steps since then. Whoever broke the automatic synching probably needs to not work for MFP at this point. I get a 24 hour maintenance, annoying as it is. But at this point it's clear that whatever is broken is seriously F'd up and either no one knows how to fix it, or no one cares.

I'm about to start looking for a different app to track calories. And I pay for MFP...

Remember that it was a holiday weekend, so few people were probably working, and other issues arose that also need fixed (the logging problems). They’re doing what they can.