Hi Sparkey here, I help many people lose weight in general and also for fitness and BB comps.

Options
Sparkeysworld
Sparkeysworld Posts: 107 Member
edited March 2018 in Social Groups
Hi Sparkey 46,
New to the forums but not to MFP.
I help many people lose weight in general and also for fitness and BB comps.
My rule in life is knowledge is everything and advice should always be free!
Feel free to add me or ask any fitness/weightloss related questions and I will do my best to help out.
Hope you all have a great day. :)

Replies

• ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi Sparkey! I'll add you if you don't mind. Just started running (jogging really, signed up for 2 x 10k races) and am doing some strength training. I've never been the athletic type but I'm loving it so far!
  • Sparkeysworld
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi Sparkey! I'll add you if you don't mind. Just started running (jogging really, signed up for 2 x 10k races) and am doing some strength training. I've never been the athletic type but I'm loving it so far!

Hi,
    I used to run quite a lot back in 2012/13,
    The good thing about running is the more you do, the better you get at it.
    I've done quite a few 10k's, the best run I ever had was a 16k run down through San Francisco and over the Golden Gate bridge and back, whilst on a US road trip a few years ago.
    It's great for cardiovascular health and a great way not only to lose weight but keep it off.
    Are you running outside or on a treadmill?

I wish you all the best.
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options

Hi,
    I've done quite a few 10k's, the best run I ever had was a 16k run down through San Francisco and over the Golden Gate bridge and back, whilst on a US road trip a few years ago.
    It's great for cardiovascular health and a great way not only to lose weight but keep it off.

I wish you all the best.

When on shift (I work 12 hr days) I have been using the treadmill during my lunch hour. On nice days, I try to get out. We have a nice trail that measures around 21k (which I'll cycle in June for the "Great Cycle Challenge") and we also have a beautiful wooded park with lots of hills and water features right in the centre of town. I have been alternating my run days with strength training. I tend to stick to the smith machine, Olympic bar and body or free weights for most of my exercises. I'm currently doing SL 5X5.

I went on a road trip down the California Coastline in 2013 from Alberta Canada. Only made it as far as San José (LOVE the Redwoods!), cut across into Nevana and went home via Montana. We did spend an afternoon in San Francisco...I love that city!

• Sparkeysworld
    Options

Hi,

I wish you all the best.

When on shift (I work 12 hr days) I have been using the treadmill during my lunch hour. On nice days, I try to get out. We have a nice trail that measures around 21k (which I'll cycle in June for the "Great Cycle Challenge") and we also have a beautiful wooded park with lots of hills and water features right in the centre of town. I have been alternating my run days with strength training. I tend to stick to the smith machine, Olympic bar and body or free weights for most of my exercises. I'm currently doing SL 5X5.

I went on a road trip down the California Coastline in 2013 from Alberta Canada. Only made it as far as San José (LOVE the Redwoods!), cut across into Nevana and went home via Montana. We did spend an afternoon in San Francisco...I love that city!

Don't forget, when running on a treadmill, raise the incline slightly just level 1 or 2 is enough, it will take some of the strain from your knees.
    Good luck with your goals!
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Are you a coach for NPC competitors?