Whats going on ????

Options
sexysexy2
sexysexy2 Posts: 49 Member
Ok last week I was really good.. I logged all my food and recorded my ketones using urine strips..I was in ketosis... as I weigh daily I am able to see what my body is doing ...how can you be losing weight and you fat % is going down and then overnight you are back to where you started.... On sunday my fibit scales said that I had lost 5lb yesterday my scales said that I had put on 6lb ...why why why ????????? I have 42lb to lose and this is so frustrating.

Replies

• anelyaG
    anelyaG Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would not be freaking out about the scales right now. It could be a glitch. @sexysexy2
  • sexysexy2
    Options
    hubby created my account for me hence the tag name hahaha I have never changed it ! thank you for replying
  • anelyaG
    anelyaG Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @sexysexy2 - its a good tag! Motivational :)
    How is the diet going?
  • LiveLoveKeto
    LiveLoveKeto Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your body fluctuates in weight throughout the day, it's natural :smile: I was also really obsessed with weighing myself every single day, but that can be just as discouraging and rewarding because of the daily differences. I now weigh and record every 4 days.
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how the weight could go down then up like that, but I also will not weigh myself daily because I get too hung up on the numbers. The scale becomes an obsession and seeing your body fluctuate on a daily basis doesn't necessarily mean you're doing anything wrong.

I weigh myself once a month, because I'm more interested in the NSV, but then I have a great many more pounds to lose than you. :smile: Good luck on your journey! I'm sure things will work out.
  • sexysexy2
    Options
    thanks to you all .... diet is really good, sticking to it and keeping below my calories and macros .... I am just not losing weight ! I exercise 5/7 days and normally burn 500-700 calories .... it just does not make sense unless it really is down to the menopause...... mid way through and only get hot flushes but boy do I get them ..... I have changed my calories in mfp today back down to 1250 (I was on 1500 calories a day) which is 500 calories less than the amount I need to "just live" ...lets see if that helps and I will not weigh myself until Friday 13th April .... no lets make that saturday 14th April hahaha don't want any bad luck on Friday 13th !
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Have you tried intermittent fasting? I hear good things about it, and that it helps a weight loss stall.
  • LiveLoveKeto
    LiveLoveKeto Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    sexysexy2 wrote: »
    thanks to you all .... diet is really good, sticking to it and keeping below my calories and macros .... I am just not losing weight ! I exercise 5/7 days and normally burn 500-700 calories .... it just does not make sense unless it really is down to the menopause...... mid way through and only get hot flushes but boy do I get them ..... I have changed my calories in mfp today back down to 1250 (I was on 1500 calories a day) which is 500 calories less than the amount I need to "just live" ...lets see if that helps and I will not weigh myself until Friday 13th April .... no lets make that saturday 14th April hahaha don't want any bad luck on Friday 13th !

Try not to do that for too long... living at a severe calorie deficit can really mess with your metabolism if you're not mindful, which will make it hard to keep that weight off in the long run :smile:
  • Mikkimomof6
    Mikkimomof6 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion of intermittent fasting...and I find my weight goes up during different times of the month because of hormones. During ovulation and before/at the begging of my menstrual cycle. It's all water weight, so if you think it is menopause related, try to ignore it and stick to the plan. I know it's hard...you can do it!
  • sexysexy2
    Options
    just to keep you updated ..... I have stuck to calories, macros and have exercised..... I have continued to gain weight so from 22 jan 18 I have only lost 3lb.... I am thinking of coming off keto which is like a smack in the face as I really thought this diet/lifestyle was the one for me ..... the only thing which has changed is when I started my fat % was 48% and now it is 45% ................ the extra weight I am carrying is making me very depressed and very unattractive. As mentioned I have tried the same macros but with various calories counts from 1250 to 1500 I am soooooo unhappy :'(