My body has lost its mind!

Options
SweetP27
SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
Sometimes I forget this group is here but today I am hoping someone can say that they've experienced something similar.

Lately I've been gaining weight - an average of 1-2 pounds per day! It is almost like I am preparing to have a period....but I don't have any of the other 'normal' symptoms. Except that I have had to apologize to my boss a couple of times in the last couple of weeks for biting his head off over simple questions. No cravings, no tender breasts, no easy tears....just gaining and gaining! I'm drinking the same fluids as usual but the output is not the same. Last period was October or November.

Part of me is so frustrated I just want to throw in the towel. The other side is telling me to hold the course - it has to flush out eventually.

Anyone experience something similar?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I wish I had something more positive to tell you, but for me I gained 8-10 pounds in the six months after my last period. You won't know if this *was* your last period for a while, but yeah, I gained. And yes, I retained a ton of water!
    It's *slowly* coming off now 1.5 years out.

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I gained 10 lbs when I turned 50. It wasn't overnight but it wasn't a lb a day either. It's probably a good idea for you to see a dr, just in case.
  • SweetP27
    Options
    I do have a doctor's appointment set for Saturday (hopefully to get rid of the bp meds) - this will be part of the conversation for sure.
  • SweetP27
    Options
    Just to be on the safe side - did a pregnancy test! :p
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    SweetP27 wrote: »
    Just to be on the safe side - did a pregnancy test! :p

Smart! And smart to check in with your doc as well!