4+ year post-op and gaining? need accountability partner?

Options

Replies

• 2bbetteremma
    2bbetteremma Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi loveshoe yes thiamine oops! Well I was under doc for a bit but because they noticed too late what was wrong there’s permanent damage so basically it was I’m sorry there’s nothing more we can do. Bariatric team discharged me 2yr post op I rang and asked for help but nope! My aim is definitely now to focus on protein need muscle gain and fat loss which seems so daunting but can only try, thank you for replying really helps x
  • amberm912
    amberm912 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    just got my sleeve on 12/14/17! Please add me too
  • 2bbetteremma
    2bbetteremma Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Jcavanna2 So wired you mentioned chiropractor today I listened to a podcast about what I’m going through and they mentioned that! I also need to get some information on central vestibular rehabilitation as there has been great results so I have a little hope
  • Klute1015
    Klute1015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I don’t feel so alone
  • deedeetris
    deedeetris Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling it, too!! Starting to feel so out of control. I've had about 15 pound regain and although it isn't a big amount, it has been way too easy to gain. I want to get back on track and FINALLY make goal! Let's do this!
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about a regain. It happens to the best of us. I never thought I would be going in the opposite direction, but driving an hour + back and forth to the city twice a week for my wife's Dr. appointments (high risk pregnancy), then driving up every day for two weeks to the NICU after the little guy was born didn't lend itself to healthy eating habits. It was gas station junk food and crap from the hospital cafeteria. Then, six weeks at home from August 15th through October 1st on baby leave from work spending 24/7 taking care of him with my wife helping but resting (she had a C-section) and topped off with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year's and every day (it seemed) in-between with people at work bringing in tons of junk food....I went from 193 to 231. I knew it was happening as my work uniform was getting tighter.

So I refocused myself in early January and jumped right back on the wagon. Did a (mostly) liquid diet for a few days, then ate my calories to lose 1.5lbs per week. Last month (give or take), I've focused on getting lots of protein from my food, protein bars and shakes. I'm back down to 213. Once I cut out the junk food and friggin' soda (damn the Mountain Dew & Coke!), the weight started dropping again. I'm able to prep my food for the day again and have committed myself to not only returning to the 193 I was, but dropping an additional 20 on top of that to hit the "healthy" weight range.

Don't beat yourself up because you had a regain. Just refocus and start back on track!
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    As I was eating my breakfast this morning, (and I've been eating the same breakfast for several weeks,) I really looked at it, and thought "why is this so large?" And I realized I have stretched my pouch, which explains why I've stalled in weight loss for the past several weeks.

Back to basics! Measure to ensure I have a small amount of food, eat 4 or 5 small meals instead of 3, and do a pouch re-set.

It's a lifelong journey, and a lifestyle.
  • Tugsandpull
    Tugsandpull Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Add me I'm 3 year out need motivation
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I’ll be 2 years post op on 4/18. Went on spring break to Nashville last week and while we indulged some, we walked a lot and cooked our dinners at the cottage we stayed in. Today I went to the gym and my trainer made me weigh in which he never had me do. I hadn’t weighed for the last 2 Saturday’s and I was floored when I was up 6.8 lbs...was a bit frustrated because I told him I really didn’t want to weigh, just eating back from vacation and not having any expectation of getting on the scale this morning - after a large cup of coffee and some water.

He told me not to stress it and we will get me back on track but that my lack of sleep along with my stress levels are contributing factors. I have been super stressed with my work situation and it keeps me up at night and I wasn’t a good sleeper to begin with.

Yesterday I did meal prep and now tomorrow I have to go to a work lunch that I found out about this morning. I’m planning to have this salad I like with grilled chicken on it. Either way, I wish I could bow out but have to slap on a fake smile and go...really hoping that I am able to get myself back on track as soon as possible...

Needless to say I think we all have been there and I am trying to remind myself of all the weight I have lost and kept off and that I absolutely can lose another 15-20 lbs
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I guess I am what you would call an "emotional eater." I've lived with depression & anxiety disorder for as long as I can remember. My depression usually manifests in me getting angry. Zoloft has kept me most in control for a long time now (as well as other meds since my official diagnosis 18 years ago). I still get angry, I just don't rage out like the Hulk. And when I do get angry I start getting ravenous, seeking out comfort foods. Anxiety spells also trigger me the same way. Yay me. Not making excuses, but being stressed out during the pregnancy and every thing else going on contributed to my weight gain from June through Christmas. And the tighter my clothes got, the more I "eased my stress" with food. Vicious cycle.

And the whole thing is quite strange since I work as a Corrections Officer in a maximum security prison and don't really feel anxiety or stress at work. Go figure.