VSG Revision Surgery To RNY

Options
Hi Everyone,
At the end of the month I am having revision surgery from VSG to RNY. I would love to hear from anyone who has had this procedure and how it went. I am currently fasting right now. For anyone that has had both of these procedures I am curious to know it the pain was worse with the revision surgery and if you had any complications. I'm not sure if having VSG first makes it easier or more difficult. I would think the chance of complications is higher with revision surgery. I value any feedback that anyone has on what I should expect in early recovery.

I'm finding it much easier the second time around fasting as I know somewhat to expect and am familiar with the rules and the phases of clear fluids, thick fluids and puree and working up to solid food. Also, I'm having the second procedure done in Mexico and I'm allowed to eat real protein daily which makes it much easier than the 5 Diabetic Boost Protein Shakes I was allowed to have before.

I'm just concerned about the the pain, healing and risk of complications.

Thanks very much for reading.

Replies

• loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have no personal experience but sending wishes for a pain-free procedure and a quick recovery!
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I too don't have this experience, but I did have revision from lap-band to RNY. I was told to expect the recovery to be more difficult. I ended up having to have two surgeries one month apart because of the damage the lap-band had done. One to remove/repair, then one month later one for the RNY. Both of these seemed way easier than my first one 10 years ago, but I also think I had a more skilled surgeon. Best of luck!
  • Jean_PA
    Jean_PA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I just had the same revision yesterday. How did you do with yours? So far the recovery is easier than when i was sleeved. How has your weight loss been?
    Jean