thoughts that wake me up at night

takuwinds
takuwinds Posts: 67 Member
Since last June, I have lost about 20 pounds. But going back to the beginning, in 2014 I was at my heaviest (244) and had lap band surgery. I am now around low 180's. I am seriously considering skin removal surgery. I would like to hear your thought from anyone that has had skin removal surgery because I am not sure if I am at a good weight to have the surgery. I know I can drop another 40 pounds but I don't know if it is necessary.

Replies

• clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    I’m scheduled for my first of two skin removal surgeries on 5/8 (28 days, ack!). My plastic surgeon wants people to be maintaining their weight for at least 3 months before surgery. I will have been in maintenance for 6 months on the day of my surgery. It’s so hard to know when you’ve lost “enough” because loose skins looks a lot like fat. My BMI is 22.5. I figured if I was in the middle of the normal BMI range, I’d done what I could and now I needed help to also look normal. You could go get a consult and have them tell you what they suggest as far as the 40 pounds is concerned for you to get the best possible result.