New and looking for friends!

venuila
venuila Posts: 190 Member
Hi Everyone!
I am looking for some fellow Moms who are breastfeeding and/or just had a baby looking to lose weight together. I had baby #3 7 weeks ago and am exclusively breastfeeding.

Replies

• anneliseah
    anneliseah Posts: 14 Member
    Hi!
    I just had my third baby 8 weeks ago and I’m exclusively breastfeeding too. I have 50 pounds to lose to be at my pre first pregnancy weight. I am on maternity leave for another 8 months and hope to lose it by then, or most of it at least. I plan on calorie counting about 2000 cal for now and staying very active with walks and a bit of strength training.

What are your goals and your plans to achieve them?
  • mackinacgirl15
    mackinacgirl15 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m exclusively bf too and am kinda lost at what I can safely do to shed this pregnancy weight. I usually am really into running but I am worried about pushing too far and hurting my supply or my body in the process. I live in northern mi so I can’t go running or walking yet anyway due to snow and ice but I am trying to figure out a plan for when spring actually arrives
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 496 Member
    I'm exclusively BF too with my 14 week old. I lost my pregnancy weight but have another 20 to go. Always nice to have new mom friends. Feel free to add.
  • venuila
    anneliseah wrote: »
    Hi!
    I just had my third baby 8 weeks ago and I’m exclusively breastfeeding too. I have 50 pounds to lose to be at my pre first pregnancy weight. I am on maternity leave for another 8 months and hope to lose it by then, or most of it at least. I plan on calorie counting about 2000 cal for now and staying very active with walks and a bit of strength training.

What are your goals and your plans to achieve them?

Pretty much the same! Losing 50 lbs would put me at my pre first pregnancy weight as well. I am planning on going back to work in 5 months. I don't really have a plan on how to lose it yet, lol. I've been watching my calories the last couple days as a start. I did a lot of the beachbody workouts after my 2nd and had great success with it. I'd like to do them again eventually but probably not anytime soon as I dont want my supply effected.
  • venuila
    I’m exclusively bf too and am kinda lost at what I can safely do to shed this pregnancy weight. I usually am really into running but I am worried about pushing too far and hurting my supply or my body in the process. I live in northern mi so I can’t go running or walking yet anyway due to snow and ice but I am trying to figure out a plan for when spring actually arrives

Same! I have no idea what I can do without hurtnjng my supply either. Walking and watching calories seems like a safe place to start.
  • anneliseah
    Pretty much the same! Losing 50 lbs would put me at my pre first pregnancy weight as well. I am planning on going back to work in 5 months. I don't really have a plan on how to lose it yet, lol. I've been watching my calories the last couple days as a start. I did a lot of the beachbody workouts after my 2nd and had great success with it. I'd like to do them again eventually but probably not anytime soon as I dont want my supply effected.

Good to see that I’m not alone in gaining that much! I feel so many people bounce back in about a minute! This will take me a while..
    What Are the beachbody workouts?
  • AlisaRN
    AlisaRN Posts: 65 Member
    Hey! I have a 5 week old and I'm exclusively breastfeeding. I also have a 2 year old . To get to my original pre-pregnancy way I have 35 lb to go. My first goal is to lose the 15 pounds from this pregnancy. After I had my first child I got diagnosed with thyroid cancer and then also had a miscarriage so my hormones made it very difficult to lose weight. I am really hoping that my life is a little less eventful this time and I can stay on track. I'm trying to stay between 18 and 2000 calories and hoping my Supply is okay. We are moving and painting a house right now so I will work on my exercise after we get settled in the new place
  • venuila
    anneliseah wrote: »

Good to see that I’m not alone in gaining that much! I feel so many people bounce back in about a minute! This will take me a while..
    What Are the beachbody workouts?

I did 21 day fix (just the videos and tracking calories not the full program), t25, piyo...some other ones I can't recall the names of at the moment. They are just 20-30 min videos. I did one every day and lost 30lbs in 5 months and had visible abs! Lol. I really enjoyed the videos, hopefully I see the same success again when I start.
  • anneliseah
    I did 21 day fix (just the videos and tracking calories not the full program), t25, piyo...some other ones I can't recall the names of at the moment. They are just 20-30 min videos. I did one every day and lost 30lbs in 5 months and had visible abs! Lol. I really enjoyed the videos, hopefully I see the same success again when I start.

Wow! You did really well! But working out every day, don’t think I’m ready for that!
  • xStellar
    xStellar Posts: 28 Member
    I’m 2 weeks postpartum with my 3rd. I gained 42 pounds this pregnancy and have 18 to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Ideally I’d like to lose about 30 pounds and get back to my pre-kids weight. I am EBF and just starting to think about what my plan is going to be to get back in shape..
  • ashore0923
    ashore0923 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! First time mom here. I had my LO on June 18th via c section. I am still 4 weeks away from being able to workout again, I am breastfeeding and back to my pre pregnancy weight. Throughout my pregnancy, I didn't want anything sweet, craved fruit and got to the point where I didn't want to eat at all. Now I am breastfeeding and still don't want to eat. I am making a point to eat things with added protein when I do eat. Anyone have any suggestions for food? My dr recommended I cut back or eliminate dairy and I am already allergic to beef and pork. Thanks!
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 496 Member
    @ashore0923 i can't have dairy, cow or soy while nursing.

I eat pretty simply. Oatmeal for breakfast. Meat/veg (with maybe a grain) for lunch and dinner. Snacks are fruit, nuts, or toast w olive oil spread or pb.

For any sweet cravings, cashew milk ice cream or oreos.

Nuts keep the calories up for breastfeeding. Oatmeal is great for keeping supply as well.
  • wonderlilly
    wonderlilly Posts: 27 Member
    Just like everyone here, I’m trying to get back to my healthiest for my baby. I have a 4 month old and 25-30 lbs to go! I love being back on MFP but am struggling with forcefeeding myself some days to meet the calorie requirements when I just wanna shed all this!! Would love some new friends on this adventure !
  • devnicholson312
    devnicholson312 Posts: 16 Member
    I also have a 7 week old and am exclusively breastfeeding. I’m currently eating 1800 calories and it has not effected my supply. I do YouTube videos for cardio and walks around the neighborhood. I need to lose 50 lbs. I would also like some friends to help keep motivated share recipes and alll that please feel free to add me!
  • devnicholson312
    devnicholson312 Posts: 16 Member
    I’m seeing that this post is a little older. I’m new to all this so not sure if anyone will actually see this but how is everyone doing with their goals?.
  • aneebah
    aneebah Posts: 2 Member
    I’m in the same boat Iv lost most of the baby wieght but now after couple month Iv plateau and gain 1kg or two, started eating more healthy again, dropped carbs a lot but have also seen now a drop in milk supply when pumping

• aneebah
    aneebah Posts: 2 Member
    I have also cut or sugars , though my little on is a year now, when he was younger I took it slow , hardly had time to eat lol in all honesty
  • Runningchick11
    Runningchick11 Posts: 53 Member
    Im up for friends if people want! I had my child in March. Gained 50 pounds while pregnant. Currently at 190 and at this point any pound I lose will be amazing! I would love to lose 20 - 30, but in haven't seen the scale go down since April so even a pound less and I'm happy.
  • happybappy450
    happybappy450 Posts: 21 Member
    venuila wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!
    I am looking for some fellow Moms who are breastfeeding and/or just had a baby looking to lose weight together. I had baby #3 7 weeks ago and am exclusively breastfeeding.
    venuila wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

Hi! I have a 6 month old (where did that time go?!) and am exclusively breastfeeding... though now just starting to introduce bits of food (she had a bit of carrot stick today!)

She’s my 2nd baby - I managed to lose all my baby weight the first time round and get fit and healthy, but now even heavier that after the first baby(!) but I’m now back into tracking my food and weight - add me!