what is your weight loss trend?

Options
janette130
janette130 Posts: 66 Member
There are lots of opinions out there about how often you should weigh yourself. I've tried it all. I now have one of those body fat scales that syncs to my phone. I've been weighing everyday to see if I can see a trend. Yes... I have a trend. I can be up just over a pound and then drop the next day. Interesting isn't it? Gives me hope.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the trend. I weigh every day, but only record weight on MFP as lost if it has stayed off a week.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    My current trend is a flat line.
  • heatherrk45
    heatherrk45 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I get too discouraged when I try to weigh everyday. However, when I was doing that, my trend seemed to be up 1 down 2 (when I'm losing, that is...lol)...except certain 'times' when my weight could go up as much as 5-7lbs. I've gone to weighing weekly, that's much easier for me to track...
  • need2move2
    need2move2 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I jump on the scale every morning... I no longer let the scale determine my mood. When in a stall .. my body lost inches.. none-scale victories rock! Regardless I still jump on scale... old habits are hard to break! :smile:
  • janette130
    janette130 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey need2move2 I notice that as well. Losing inches when not losing pounds. This morning I was pretty sure I'd lost - had that skinny feeling lol, but didn't lose an ounce. Got dressed and felt skinnier in my jeans. LOVE!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I used to make a graph using daily weights. Old school with graphing paper and a pencil. :D It worked well to show the overall downward trend. Sort of a negative exponential graph - steeper at the beginning, steady in the middle and slowing to a stop near the end. ;)
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every day, and I have one of those scales that track my weight for me. I started keto January 2.
    January: 11.3 lbs
    February: 6 lbs
    March: 1.4 lbs
    April: 1.5 lbs (so far)

I'm also taking measurements, though, and the measurements shrank even at the end of march despite the small weight loss. I'm in this for the long haul, and I am not discouraged by months like March. I've lost a pants size, which at my height (5'11"), is awesome considering I've only lost 20 pounds!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself every day during weight loss and 4 years later do the same. I've never measured any part of my body with a tape measure. Dropping about 4 or 5 clothing sizes was enough evidence to me.

I recorded my weight in MFP when losing and a couple years thereafter but then decided that was unnecessary since my weight fluctuates a couple pounds daily and always has. During my weight loss phase, I had this method of only recording a lower weight, only recording it on Sunday and only if it appeared on the scale on Sunday and I had seen it on the scale in the past week...cuz daily fluctuations. Just because my scale was down a pound 1 day never meant I had lost a pound and it still doesn't since it is likely to be up the next day. That's why trend apps (Libra, Happy Scale, Trend weight) might be of value during weight loss. I didn't use one and don't currently. I know my trend. It fluctuates a couple/few pounds daily. I'm content that it stays within a range.
  • YogaPantsUser
    YogaPantsUser Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    nill4me wrote: »
    My current trend is a flat line.

Ditto
  • flitabout38
    flitabout38 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh everyday but I don't always remember first thing in the morning! It goes up and down I only record after I get the same lower reading 3 days in a row or I am fasting. Right now I am averaging around 1.5 lbs a week. But let me say at one point like a month I didn't lose anything! Since then I am back to 2 lbs a week.
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. If I don't lose for a few weeks then I know I'm not being strict enough with keto. But I have found some maintenance amounts for later!
  • TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have auto-synching scales, but I watch the trend anyway. My trend is that my weight on weekends is lower, and on workdays it goes up.
  • Scott555
    Scott555 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not always friends with the ole Scale. I do measurements on Mondays and that has been pretty consistently positive. I've been on low-carb for about 3 weeks and have lost 12 lbs so far, a lot of that is water weight I'm sure, but my clothes are definitely getting looser and I will probably be punching new holes in my belt soon.
    Still, me and the scale say "hi" every morning. One day we will be friends, just not today.
  • PQ4321
    PQ4321 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow. I thought I was the only one with wacky weight readings. Mine will drop 2 or 3 pounds and then go back up and slowly go back down again. I weight every day, but don't right down a weight in MFP until I know it is a real loss and not a fluctuation.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    me too! I will go down 1.5 pounds and think amazing I've cracked this now here we go to the next couple of pounds down. Then next couple of days I can be eating what I should and up it goes for a few days or even a week or more and then down again ahhhhhh! I weigh myself everyday and log it (not on MFP) and when I look back it seems as if every time I loose a couple of pounds my body says mmmm, not sure about this, then stalls for a while and then when it accepts that's where I am it looses a pound or so again! It takes a long time this way but at least the trend is down and not up!
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. But I only log it on MPF when it is lower than my previous log. I don't log those 2 or 3 pounds that I see going up and down and up and down every day, which usually lasts for about two weeks. Then after about two weeks of the up and down, I will see a new lower number, usually around a 2 pound loss. Then I log. :) It's a lot slower now that I'm closer to my goal weight, but it's still moving in the right direction.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @PQ4321 @GB333 Goodness we are triplets and I thought I was the only weird one! :D
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Bouncy-scale BS is very common.
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I weight everyday and use an app called Happy Scale. It takes your daily numbers and gives you a moving average. It’s free and there’s also a paid version. I only use the free version. It’s helped me not to be discouraged when I feel the scale isn’t budging.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I try to weight twice each morning to track my urine output. For the past three years my weight has stayed at 195 daily +/- 5 pounds year round. The before and after morning numbers average out to be 2.2 pounds with the range from 1.6 to 3.2 pounds after being in bed for 6-10 hours. I will share this with the doc at my annual physical this week when she goes over my blood work from last week. This all that I track so the scales indicate I am in maintenance eating all I want when I want it. Four years ago at age 63 when my WOE was 50%+ carbs my weight was 250 about my all time high. Never knew why the 250 pound ceiling never broke the way I ate but it may have been the IBS of 40 years that resolved on its on after the first 180 days of LCHF WOE.